Music scanning
I know that there are new capabilities for music with Jarvis. I'm using Jarvis rc3. Three years ago when I first starting using XMBC(old days) KODI.
I was told by commenters in these forums about Music folder structure ie. c:/artist/album......etc.
I was also told it should be: c:/Beatles/Abbey Road/....etc
Sorry, my question is which is correct:

1. Beatles
or
2. The Beatles

I'm wondering if the original advice was correct and cdart manager uses "The" .................?

Thanks
Fanart.tv (one of the scraping sites for cdartmanager" uses "Beatles, The" so that is the safest option. Whether an artist name must include an article like "The" or "A" is arbitrary. When in doubt, look them up. If you check more than one site (Discogs, fanart.tv, allmusic, LastFM etc) you will find they are not allways consistent.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Agree when it comes to naming conventions there isnt one really they all just go whichever way they were input.
The actual name of the folder doesn't matter. What does matter, is that the album artist tag of all music files in the subfolder of "Beatles" is the same, ie.

album artist: The Beatles

if desired, you can also add the musicbrainz album artist id and album id:

(for "The Beatles"): b10bbbfc-cf9e-42e0-be17-e2c3e1d2600d
(album id of course varies)

You should also ensure your song artist is consistent with the album artist (use "The Beatles" not "Beatles"). If you do this in your tags, you should have a good music scanning experience.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scanning0