Modify HDMI Mode File Location for Auto Screen Refresh Rate?
Is the location that Kodi uses for the HDMI mode file for refresh rate switching on Android coded into the base application code, or can it be redirected elsewhere to look in a different directory?

I'm using an i68G Rockchip box that has been a bit of a headache since day one. I have most of the quirks now worked out after installing custom firmware, replacing library files, and using a specific Kodi build from Zidoo X6 firmware that they have tailored to work better with Rockchip devices. The only thing that I don't have working properly is the auto refresh switching. Looking at the log, Kodi is trying to access the HDMI mode file from a location that doesn't exist on Rockchip boxes. I know the correct location and have modified the code in the frequency switcher addon to get it to do the switching, but it's not an ideal solution as it has sync issues after switching to 24p when bitstreaming audio. If there's a way to modify where Kodi internally looks for the HDMI mode file without having to change the base code and recompile, I'd really like to know as I don't have the source code from the Zidoo X6 build that fixed a lot of other issues.

Any thoughts?
From what I can see after decompiling the apk, the libkodi.so library file would need to be modified to account for this change. Unfortunately, modifying at that level is well beyond my capabilities. Hmm...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modify HDMI Mode File Location for Auto Screen Refresh Rate?0