Separate Music and Video Audio Settings (Analog for one and Digital output on other)?
Lightbulb 
when playing games i need to turn up the volume because they are a lot lower than the menu music.

i know i can use the amplification option to go negative to match the volume, but then when i play divx movies, the volume will be even lower than what divxs are known for... can two seperate amplification options be made? one for music and one for movies?
would it be possible to output analog sound for music and digital sound for video, my amp doesnt do bass management for digitally sourced stereo so im left with no sub output which im not keen on. at the same time i dont want to miss out on the ac3 and dts soundtracks on my avis/dvds would it be possible to have a function that would allow the of setting different output modes for audio and video?
thinking about it, what would be better is the option to only output analog unless real digital audio is present in the file like ac3 or something regardless of whether your playing audio or video
ooor
you could do what i've tried to advocate for ever and seperate the audio settings for video and music. seperate all the settings for the two.
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
i noticed a problem with my surround reciever.
i like using the "stereo or direct" mode best when listening to mp3'z.
but the reciever always switches back to surround when playing the next song.
i can adjust this in the reciever settings but then i get two relais clicks from going to surround and than another one from going back to stereo or direct mode.

the audio settings in xbmc do have some nice settings build in them but they are general for both audio and video.

i would like to have seperate audio controls for the mp3 section so that i can get surround with the video's and just stereo with mp3'z.

hope you guys understand what i mean.

keep up the good work :bowdown:
is there a way to make xbmc output both the analog audio out over the rca jacks and the digital audio over the optical. sometimes(when my girldfriend) watches a movie she would just rather hit play and have the sound come out of the tv via the rca jacks. but when i watch a movie i turn the receiver on and want the digital out so i get the surround sound. is there any way to accomplish this without manually selecting whether you want analog or digital every time.

thanks
not at the moment no. one way would be to disable ac3 and dts capable receiver, but then you would loose quality
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

it depends. when xbmc is using the digital out with an ac3 or dts source, then it will attempt to passthrough if possible. therefore no analog output is possible.

if you enable output to all speakers, or you enable digital output and are just playing mp3's it should be possible though (not sure if xbmc does this or not).

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yeah i have the same problem.
at night i just listen through tv, cause my parents are always complaining bout the noise.
but the ac3 doesnt work and i have to switch to analog everytime
please, made possible to set the volume amplification (db) to movies and music separately.
when i watching movies, the +10-15 db amplification is a good thing, but with music (mp3) its cause distortion (because its normalized already).

:bowdown: thanks for this unique project! :kickass:
it would be swell if the "output to all speakers" option could be set to apply only to music. it usually sounds terrible with video files.

also it would be even nicer if there was some sort of crossover setting or attenuation for the lfe channel when in this mode. usually when i set "output to all speakers" and play music, my subwoofer goes ballistic. i have to manually adjust its trim pot way down.
i also would like to see the audio amplification seperated as video's need more volume when playing then music.

:thumbsup: :idea:

edit: i was just wondering if this could be added to the codec's some how or a script that detects what kind of file is playing?
i would like to request the ability to have "output to all speakers" applied to music only as opposed to having audio options applied to both video and music uniformly.

frankly i am surprised this hasn't been requested before. music is great when sent to all speakers...just no good with video.

thanks.
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
(dcypher @ mar. 02 2005,20:41 Wrote:i would like to request the ability to have "output to all speakers" applied to music only as opposed to having audio options applied to both video and music uniformly.

frankly i am surprised this hasn't been requested before.  music is great when sent to all speakers...just no good with video.

thanks.
i have seen it mentioned before. and i agree, it would be nice to seperate those two.
I'm the one currently maintaning the Norwegian translation. Please drop me a message if you find errors or room for improvement.
hey devs, would this be hard to do? seems to me this would not be all that hard, but that's why i am a user and not a developer. Smile
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate Music and Video Audio Settings (Analog for one and Digital output on other)?0