Separate Music and Video Audio Settings (Analog for one and Digital output on other)?
i was wondering if it was possible to have seperate audio configuration for my music & my videos? the reason why i ask is when i use my music i choose the option 'output stereo to all speakers' which i prefer for music listening, but when using videos i have to go back in and turn it off for pro-logic decoding. i'd like to be able to set these seperately so i don't have to change the settings all the time. the ui already has the neccesary layout in place, it just needs to be tweaked so the audio options tabs only affect their relevant section.
*edit*
looks more like a bump to me Shocked
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok ya got me!  Image
anyone considering implementing this? i've noticed that someone else has already requested this in the rfe.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker....=581841
i recently updated to the 5-02 cvs build, and with audio set to "digital" mode, i can no longer get analog audio output. i realize that this is technically how it is supposed to work, but in previous builds, i could set audio to "digital" and get both digital and analog output at the same time. this is important to me because my receiver has multi-zone capabilties, but will only take analog input for the 2nd and 3rd zones (but of course i want digital input for the main zone)

maybe a third audio option "digital & analog" can be implemented?
try unchecking pcm passthrough.

edit: i see this all got merged, my answer was for non digital sources.

Quote:if you enable output to all speakers, or you enable digital output and are just playing mp3's it should be possible though (not sure if xbmc does this or not).
if you uncheck pcm passthrough, then mp3's play even when set to digital audio.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
i know its been requested before, but i was wondering if it would be possible to seperate the audio options for music and video, so for instance when i'm playing music, i want my audio output to all speakers, but when i'm watching video i want pcm passthrough or just regular stereo, as it stands changing audio options in video also changes them for music and vice versa so its impossible to have different settings for each.

is there some reason why this is difficult to do? i've seen it requested lots of times.
getting some strange sound problems with xmc.
when video audio is set to digital i get the output in the tv speakers not sent to the 5.1reciever.

when audio audio is set to digital it works fine to 5.1reciever but analog setting does not enable output to tv.

is this a known problem?

(running the xbmc.2005.0511-expert release)
i think i'm having a similar problem...i am using the analog and digital outputs on my hdtv av pack. if my xbox is set to digital outpout, it only sends sound via digital cable. if it is set to the analog output, i get sound from digital and analog outputs. i'm not 100% sure, but i do not remember this being a problem in earlier builds.
it appears there are plenty of requests for this feature... what are the chances of it happening?
paplayer v2 doesn't use pcm passthrough at all (i'm removing it completely) so it shouldn't be a problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i'll pile on for this request. (individual audio settings for music and video that is.)
added. will do some more testing (that is, i'll get somebody with the right gear to do it has i have only analog gear myself),
then commit
great news, thanks spiff!

i don't have the means to compile myself so if someone else here could that would be great.
i would like to ressurect the request for seperate music and video audio settings as mentioned above!

any chance we will see this?

thanks.
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate Music and Video Audio Settings (Analog for one and Digital output on other)?0