Separate Music and Video Audio Settings (Analog for one and Digital output on other)?
did you not read spiff's comments?

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
great work guys. tested it as of 30/5 and seperate settings as well as simultaneous digital/analog output works a treat. thanks again.
(tslayer @ june 04 2005,06:26 Wrote:did you not read spiff's comments?

ts
:d hmmm. missed that some how.

great work btw, noticed it today and ran to the forums to express my thanks.

:kickass:
Using KODI since 2002, back when Xbox Media Player ran on a modded xbox, soldered modchip and all..."the good old days."
is it just me, or did this change break upsampling of ac3 2.0 soundtrack to ac3 5.1 with video files, even with 'output stereo to all speakers' checked?
non-ac3 stereo soundtracks seem to get output as 5.1 just fine.
heh, elupus with his sharp eyes noticed a quirk in the code;

musicaudio.outputtoallspeakers vs.. audiomusic.outputtoallspeakers

(name of setting)

that only affected ac2.0 -> 5.1

should be commited shortly Smile

spiff
Hey guys,

Is it possible to have both analog AND digital audio output? I can only have one or another in the options. It would be useful in my case where my Xbox is hooked up to my main theater room(digital/SVideo) and my small TV in the other room (analog/Composite). It works fine for the video part, but not for the audio...

Thanks
ive been wondering about the same sort of question for a while too, mine is hooked up to a mina theater on an hd tv with digital surround, but i cant get it to go to a digital signal, only analog
Only way is to set XBMC to analog. The xbox will output both on the digital output and analog output in that case. You'll get inferior audio if playing DTS or AC3 soundtracks.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

It should work in digital too. I have two receivers hooked up to it, 1 in digital and the other in analog and it works fine. I use that to pipe stereo audio to the rear channels (sounds alot ballsier) for playing music.
depends on what you mean by should.. since it's impossible with our current way of handling it and i even think it's impossible with the xbox as you'd need multiple paths throught he soundcard to handle it, it's not likely to ever happen.

Hmm very strange because it does actually work. I run digital and analog simultaneously all the time, even though I have the xbox set to digital.

I have my set up as such:

xbox is set to digital mode (DTS & AC3 capable)

Receiver 1 powers front 3 speakers and sub
-input from xbox HD AV pack optical lead

Receiver 2 powers rear speakers
-input from Receiver 1 (for surround information)
-input from xbox HD AV pack analog output (for music)

When I am playing 5.1 content such as games or movies, receiver 2 is set to receive surround channels from Receiver 1.
When I play music I switch to the input from the HD AV pack's analog output. This sounds better for music than using the 'output to all speakers' option.

Is it possible that the HD AV pack is doing some of the work here in creating the analog output?
This will work fine as you described. When playing music (with paplayer) the xbox uses the same path for analog and digital output (ie we go through the normal audio processing chain) so both outputs work.

When playing back AC3 or DTS soundtracks, however, we use a direct route to the digital out (bypassing the audio processor). You may still get sound on the analog, it just won't be decoded (ie will be noise - very unpleasant).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Is the Xbox capable of outputting the sound simultaneously over optical and composite outputs? I ask because I send the Xbox into a switcher which outputs to both a tv and a projector; the tv uses composite ins and the built-in speakers, the projector uses the optical through a receiver.

The 360 outputs both simultaneously, so works fine with either display without my needing to do anything; with the Xbox, I need to switch XBMC's audio settings from analog to digital or vice versa every time I switch to a different display.
By the way, to clarify, I'm talking about movies -- ie, decoding the ac3/dts to the analog out while sending the digital to the optical simultaneously. It doesn't *seem* like it should be a problem -- decode the ac3/dts as it normally does when set to "analog", but also add in the digital pass-through.
Sorry, didn't see the previous posts -- I thought this thread was specifically about music playback. Bummer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate Music and Video Audio Settings (Analog for one and Digital output on other)?0