Turn off a music playlist?
I set up a playlist to shuffle songs from certain artists that are on my local drive. I can go into my local music library and choose party mode and it will shuffle through the artists in the playlist perfectly. But now that is all that is played in my library. Is there a way to toggle between a playlist and shuffling my full music library?

I set the playlist up so I could just shuffle artists that my guests like. But when it's just me I want to shuffle everything in my library. I assumed that if I set up a smart list, I would have to choose it first but the one that I have set up become a default somehow. I can't find a way to shuffle my entire library without deleting the playlist. It's my first playlist so I must be missing something simple. But I can't figure it out.

I'm playing FLACs on a win7 pc with version 15.2. I typically use Confluence but have also tried Aeon and Cirrus Extended.

Thanks.
Not exactly sure what is happening without uploading a debug (wiki) log, but in general there are a songs "party mode" smart playlist, a music video "party mode" smart playlist, and then there are "normal" smart playlists (must be of type songs, mixed, or music videos) that you can play either in "normal mode" (entire smart playlist gets loaded into now playing video or music playlist and plays in smart playlist order), or in "party mode" (select from the context menu on the smart playlist) where it will load 10 random items from the smart playlist and refresh the now playing music or video playlist as a song/music video ends.

There's some quirks with the mixed smart playlists but I don't think relevant to your issue.

scott s.
Ok - here is my log.

http://xbmclogs.com/p1jkxfoqz

I typically go into my music and select 'party mode" and Kodi loads up 10 random songs. But for some reason it ignores all the artists that are not part of my smart list. Not sure how a playlist became my default.

Thanks.
Looking at your log, it is setting a filter on the party mode song playlist. Try this: in the music library navigate to the "playlists" node. You should see an entry for "party mode playlist". Open the context menu for this (<c>) and select "edit playlist". That should launch the smart playlist editor. Set up any filters you want, then click OK to save. You can confirm what you have by browsing into your userdata folder and finding the file PartyMode.xsp. Looking at that in a text editor should confirm the filter rules being used.

scott s.
I am able to edit my playlist but didn't see anything that would change how it affects my entire library.

Maybe I'm looking at it incorrectly but I assumed you can set up a playlist but it only initiates when you actually go into the playlist and hit play. If you don't actually select the playlist, hitting random would shuffle my entire library.
Your library is controlled by the library "nodes". Did you by chance hand edit any of the music library nodes, or install the library node editor and use that? The library nodes are xml files like smart playlists in themselves. The default ones are in your main Kodi folder in system/library. You can edit these (not recommended) or copy the whole library folder tree to your userdata area and edit those. See audio nodes (wiki).

scott s.
Thanks for the reply Scott. No, I never edited my nodes - didn't even know they existed. I will install the editor. I assume it might show if my nodes were somehow changed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off a music playlist?0