• 11(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
Quote:Now let the shitstorm begin. Smile

Im not a huge Fan of it.

I understand that it needs something new, but..

Instead of just "randomly" design something, i would have start a "Design Contest" with a "Kodi Hoodie" as First Price (anounced on the "Blog Frontpage").
This way there may would be different designs to choose from.

Would imo. have been a better desicion instead of just trow something new in.
(2016-03-02, 22:36)Gregoire Wrote: Hello. I can't find the folder in which the skin is installed. I want to have a remote control shortcut so it shows movie "Read more.." directly. I hoped to find clues in the install folder. Can'find it though.

I found the solution. It's "ActivateWindow(1102)" and assign it to a remote control key. Problem is..the info stays on the first one you opened. All other movies, videos and series now have the same plot. LOL I'm lost on how to solve this one.

And I should ask; can anyone help me with this?
(2016-03-05, 19:47)Rantanplan-1 Wrote:
Quote:Now let the shitstorm begin. Smile

Im not a huge Fan of it.

I understand that it needs something new, but..

Instead of just "randomly" design something, i would have start a "Design Contest" with a "Kodi Hoodie" as First Price (anounced on the "Blog Frontpage").
This way there may would be different designs to choose from.

Would imo. have been a better desicion instead of just trow something new in.

Each to their own, but this is six months+ of carefully thought out design.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Wow, I love it! Simple but elegant and very user friendly. Kudos to the dems.......nice work Wink
Thanks for your hard work and confluence was already overdue for a long time. But this is not going to be my default skin.

For me it's way to cluttered for a home screen. Searchbar, a lot of filtering options right on the home screen. And it only leaves for 4 covers of movies and tv over.

But I guess that each to their own, and we have the possibility to switch to something that we do like.
if you pause playback the osd shows the seek bar and says paused, if you press left right the osd shows the seek bar says +10s seek -10s seek etc, but if you press up and down for a big jump 10m it shows nothing no osd seek bar nothing, hopefully that can get fixed to show the osd bar and seeking +10m
i really like the design!

but i cant seem to find a view in movies/series where i could see extra info about the video like it was in confluence.
info like 3D, 1080p, DTS dissappeared after upgrading...

am i missing something?
(2016-03-06, 10:05)dsenseb Wrote: i really like the design!

but i cant seem to find a view in movies/series where i could see extra info about the video like it was in confluence.
info like 3D, 1080p, DTS dissappeared after upgrading...

am i missing something?

I think you need to head to the skin settings, there is a setting for that there. I think it's right below the skin selection setting.
It's pretty easy to miss, but that will hopefully be changed soon.
yeah but it doesnt show 1080p or 720p/SD which was useful.

also having it on the osd (the space top right like in conflience) would be awesome Smile
I updated to kodi 17 and this skin yesterday. First impression, I love it.

I did notice a few bugs and I do have some minor suggestions.

But first thing first, and I have to be honest. The info screen during video playback is awful. The rest of the skin is pretty much flawless perfection so this takes away from it very much.

First of all. The plot should absolutely not be the 1st thing you see when you hit info. It should be a seek bar showing how long the video is and where in the video you ade. Along with the title of the episode. There should be no plot, but especially shouldn't default to it. It's also way too big. No need to have it cover up the top and bottom.

Also in some views, the posters get cut off.

I also wish that in the list view for episodes, there would be no season poster on the left. It's redundant and cluttery.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Like I said though, great work and beautiful skin.
(2016-02-28, 22:34)phil65 Wrote: Now let the shitstorm begin. Smile

I agree with some of the comments about not 'feeling' the design. Confluence was a great reliable skin but was definitely outdated in terms of design and the with the talks of a new skin over the last few months, I was expecting something more recent in terms of UI design. I think it this was a good opportunity to bring a fresh, modern design to Kodi.

It's great to see Piers involved in the skinning of Estuary - he definitely has a good eye for UI design with the Xperience1080 skin so I was hoping some of his talents would also brush off in Estuary's design. Seems like there may have been a greater influence from other members of Team Kodi, but I may be wrong Tongue I think some influence from other Kodi skins (incl. the WIP ones) and from streaming service apps for UI design would have been great.

That said, I do like the addition of colour themes and the simple, organised and clear layout - much more easier on the eye than Confluence and it definitely feels more like a library and media player than Confluence did. I also like the fact that the search bar is more prominent than it seemed in Confluence.

Hope I didn't come across as skin bashing and a skin snob but that's my two cents (not that it'll make any difference) Smile

But hey, I'll continue to use the skin I'm using and there's plenty of choice, that's the great thing about Kodi.
(2016-03-06, 15:51)ilovethakush Wrote: But first thing first, and I have to be honest. The info screen during video playback is awful.

I agree, it's not up-to-par with the rest and will get reworked. OSD parts in general didnt get as much love yet as the rest did.

(2016-03-06, 18:33)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hope I didn't come across as skin bashing.

Nope, just as someone with a very uneducated opinion about UX/UI. (you missed to state a single argument for your point Wink )
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I like it. On my Tv it looks great. I wish I could configure my remote to make it work like I want but I guess I hve to wait for that.
(2016-03-06, 19:13)phil65 Wrote: Nope, just as someone with a very uneducated opinion about UX/UI. (you missed to state a single argument for your point Wink )

I wouldn't say uneducated, rather a personal opinion. We'll leave it at that Smile
(2016-03-06, 19:13)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 15:51)ilovethakush Wrote: But first thing first, and I have to be honest. The info screen during video playback is awful.

I agree, it's not up-to-par with the rest and will get reworked. OSD parts in general didnt get as much love yet as the rest did.

pity! the plot is exactly what i expect when i press the info key (for movies and pvr). i liked it very much, also that you can read the text very good. much better than confluence. maybe you can leave a option for easy access the plot.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9