Keyboard.xml and rc6 obc
Im going to attempt to get a microsoft mce remote fully functional BY MODIFYING MY KEYBOARD.XML IN THE kodi appdata folder. I am using a microsoft ir remote with the ehome driver. I want to use the <universalremote> modifier and input an obc code so for example i want to program my channel up button by inputting this into the global section of keyboard.xml
<universalremote> <obccode#>Pageup</obccode#> </universalremote>
Is this the right format? I need a list of obc codes as well but i am not sure where to look them up. I have not found codes for channel buttons tv guide or recordings and those are the buttons im looking for in particular. Thanks for any help
I use eventghost and have done for years works a charm if you want an easy out.
I cant get event fgost to see the keystrokes. Ive played around with the mce plugins a little bit but had no success even launching kodi
You need to run eventghost as admin i.e. right click Run as Administrator.

Make sure the HID service box is unchecked in the MCE plugin item
What version of windows are you running and what kind of remote do you have? There are two versions of the mce plugin and i have tried bith with no success. I think im likely configuring this wrong somewhere but im not sure where. I have ran eventghost as admin. Ive tried installing the alternate remote service in the version that requires it and still no success. If your version disables HID then how does the os see the keystrokes? Does kodi need to see HID keystrokes in order for the remote to function inside the program? I want to use this remote outside of kodi as well in programs such as hulu and sling but i am aware that the gui of these programs only procide limited functionality
Kodi has direct support for eventghost and im on win10 with an HP remote and HP USB IR sensor.
Is there a plugin for it or is it all configuured through event ghost itself. Do the keymap editor and mce plugin interfere with event ghosts functionality within kodi or windows itself
Kodi detects that eventghost is running automatically
I rmember having trouble with this before because event ghost would not see the keypresses from the remote. Are there any other eventghost plugins that i need to make this work. Which version of the mce plugin are you using
jusr mce and xbmc2 plugins i use, i have VLC plugin added but its disabled pretty simple stuff really.
Alrite thanks. Ill try this tomorow
Eventghost
Alright I installed EG, deleted every plugin, and added Plugin: Microsoft MCE Remote, and Plugin: XBMC2. I created a macro to start Kodi.exe, tested it and it works so I know EG can start Kodi.
Within my new macro I added Microsoft MCE Remote: Transmit IR as an action, and Start Program: Kodi.exe as an event
l right click Microsoft MCE Remote: Transmit IR, I tell it to learn IR, and I get these errors

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\EventGhost\plugins\MceRemote\__init__.py", line 406, in Learn
tmpFile = os.tmpfile()
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

I'm guessing that somewhere, I have to give EG permissions to access the IR receiver?
I looked at your configuration tree, and mirrored it with the exception my attempt at adding the macro I described above. Can you expand your XBMC folder so I can have a detailed look at how you did this? What is your next suggestion? I ran the program as ADMIN when I installed the plugin.
You need to ALWAYS run as administrator.

I also have a little script to start/stop Kodi; theres nothing elaborate in my config just mapped buttons to specific commands available within XBMC2 feature set.

I can post some screenshots when i go to the other room in a bit, just finishing some work off and dabling with the forum whilst i wait for models to render etc.
I'm running as admin, and still getting the same problem. The remote works within next PVR just fine except the green button will not launch the program. Just for the hell of it, maybe I should uninstall all of the drivers, and software for my remote, and reinstall as admin. I have no idea if this will fix anything but is it worth a try. Just to be clear, when I build my tree, I am trying to add Transmit Ir from the MCE plugin, as that is the only option. I am guessing EG interprets this as the program expecting to see a button press on the remote in the form of the computer receiving an Input via either IR or RF. The remote came with an RF reciver as well as an IR one. I am about to unplug the RF, launch NEXT PVR, and see what works off of RF, and what works off of IR. The remote has an LCD readout for launching music within windows media player. Maybe the green button, and channel buttons work off of RF, and not IR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard.xml and rc6 obc0