Keyboard.xml and rc6 obc
IN EG Press the button and on the left it'll show what the key press does and you can drag it to the desired command in the tree
I nipped up and grabbed a screen capture of the start stop script: Here
I'm not that familiar with Windows, and it sounds like you guys found a better solution, but wouldn't MCE remotes use <remote> and not <universalremote>?
(2016-03-08, 02:14)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not that familiar with Windows, and it sounds like you guys found a better solution, but wouldn't MCE remotes use <remote> and not <universalremote>?

What do you mean buddy?
After looking around a little bit, I've seen people get these gyration RF remotes working on Linux installs, but it took quite a bit of setup, and I can't find anything for Windows. The button completely works in next PVR, and Jriver except the green button. Windows ten has whatever it needs to pass the keystrokes to these programs, but right now the hard part is getting kodi, and event ghost to see them. with my remote, player controls are seen by the RF function, and the only use for the Ehome driver is controlling external appliances, I.E. tv, and stereo. The IR receiver that came with the remote has an IR input on the front, and two external IR jacks on the back. I know my stereo and tv both have inputs for external IR control but I'm not sure what kind of cable to use. I have also seen others get their remotes to work through the generic HID EG plugin, and when I install that, the plugin lets me point to two or three gyration remotes. I don't know which one does what, so I am a little lost at this point. I can't explain why the regular 'ol MCE plugin doesn't see my keypresses, but I can say that media functions likely do not utilize the Ehome driver. This is why all of the other methods I have tried, like advancedMCEMapper do not work, and the only lead I have is the OS permissions denied error, even though I run the program as admin. I'm not sure how else to elevate its permissions.
I have a gyration mouse works great in windows but ive not seen their remotes
I'm using a Dell remote. I've read around about it a little bit also, and it uses a different receiver. Its not Bluetooth, and it won't work with a gyration receiver. The RF USB module has a cypress chip in it, whereas the gyration version uses another chip in its receiver, and the two aren't compatible. I'm thinking that the OS should treat the commands from each remote the same, once they are received by the RF dongle. Also, I see your in Scotland so maybe you have the version of the remote with teletext, and your running a slightly different version of Windows? Maybe there is something else on the PC that interferes with EG or intercepts the key presses but I'm not sure how to troubleshoot that problem. I have considered uninstalling most of what is on my PC, which is not very much, wiping the OS, and starting over again to see if something is freaking this thing out. I run CCLeaner when I do unistalls, and I try to delete old program data folders but I'm not sure if that's enough. Do you know of any way to check EG's permissions or modify them?
Yeah im unsure but most of the kit is at least a little different in the UK from the US.
(2016-03-08, 03:14)Derek Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 02:14)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not that familiar with Windows, and it sounds like you guys found a better solution, but wouldn't MCE remotes use <remote> and not <universalremote>?

What do you mean buddy?

The tag indicates what device it is. Kodi should see MCE remotes as "remote" and not as "universalremote", "keyboard", "joystick", etc.
Thats not my code so i duno, all i know is mine works like a dream
I could try that but i still need the keycod for each button i try to program. Anyone know have a list of those? Should I just use the up button press for channel up for example?
If you want to use eventghost i told you

IN EG Press the button and on the left it'll show what the key press does and you can drag it to the desired command in the tree

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard.xml and rc6 obc0