Paren characters in filenames inconsistently supported
I have movie names that include the paren characters - "(" and ")". It appears that when I select "Videos->Files", all of these movie files are found. However, when I go to "Movies->Titles", these movie files are not displayed.
It would be nice if a: a warning was issued about movie titles that are not supported under the "Movies" selection (but are available under the "Videos->Files" selection), b: file names were supported consistently across both functionalities, or c: (preferred) paren characters were allowed in file names
(2016-03-06, 19:31)wunderkind! Wrote: ... or c: (preferred) paren characters were allowed in file names

They are allowed. Maybe if you provided examples it would make the situation more clear. A http://kodi.wiki/view/Debug_log would also be helpful. It's possible your movies aren't being correctly scraped.
Thanks for the reply, and I apologize - I'm new to Kodi (I tried XBMC years ago and just found it to have too many flaws to outweigh the usefulness of Windows Media Center) and have just been learning the limitations.

I found more information on the web regarding how the movie database works - specifically, that if information is not found by the scraper, the movie will not be included in the library. This appears to be the majority of my issue. I will be looking further to see how it might be possible for the movie list to just include all directories in my movie directories, without limiting to those that information can be found for.

I appreciate the quick response and once again, my apologies for being a noob. :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paren characters in filenames inconsistently supported0