hdhomerun extend issue, just installed antenna
Hey all, I just installed an antenna on my roof today. Ran coax down and into the house. I purchased 2 hdhomerun extends for 4 total tuners. (only testing one at the moment). The problem I am having is the hdhr scans and detects 26 channels (32 total available ota in my area) but some of these do not work.. garbled video/sound. The thing is if I plug the coax directly into my tv and let it scan it finds 30 channels and all of them work perfectly. What could be the issue with the hdhr?

thanks all for any help, I am just starting my cutting the cord journey (3 rooms with hdtv's etc.. working on learning/setting up kodi/plex etc).
Signal strength can vary at different times of the day. Some channels may be at the threshold of acceptable signal strength, and may be skipped during certain scans. Have you tried scanning a few times?
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
(2016-03-07, 16:18)Tobor Wrote: Signal strength can vary at different times of the day. Some channels may be at the threshold of acceptable signal strength, and may be skipped during certain scans. Have you tried scanning a few times?

Yeah, I have scanned a bunch of times on the hdhr and same results every time.. I have also done the tv 2 or 3 times and same results, 30 channnels.. they all work. I have 2 hdhr extends, I tried them both.. same results with both as well. So maybe I need an amplifier with the hdhr? I am just using a passive roof mounted antenna with about 50' of cabling from antenna to living room. The tv's tuner is working without issue though on the same coax cable.
Make sure you have the antenna pointed in the best direction. My antenna worked great for a couple of years and all of a sudden, I could not receive one of my favorite channels. I called the station engineer and asked if they lowered the power or something different, and he said NO.

I ended up adding this pre-amp on my antenna and haven't had any problems since.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P92...ge_o03_s00
(2016-03-07, 21:02)clarkss12 Wrote: Make sure you have the antenna pointed in the best direction. My antenna worked great for a couple of years and all of a sudden, I could not receive one of my favorite channels. I called the station engineer and asked if they lowered the power or something different, and he said NO.

I ended up adding this pre-amp on my antenna and haven't had any problems since.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P92...ge_o03_s00

I literally 5 seconds before I received your reply ordered this..

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BN5Z...ge_o00_s00

I was not sure if I should get a premp or an amp.. I only have one run from antenna to livingroom with no splits.. so I figured maybe the amp might be more helpful.. I will try that first. I am about to go up and adjust the angle of the antenna right now as well. I do have a neighbor tree directly in front of the antenna also.. I am sure that is not helping the cause.. but the direction I need to face I have no choice.. tree's all over that way. But like I said the tv's tuner is able to receive and watch all the channels without issue.
1. Install HDHOMERUN software in your windows machine
2. Go to HDHOMERUN Setup
3. You will see your tuners
4. select the tuners one by one
5. Go to TRANSCODE CONFIGURATION
6. Change Default Transcode Profile to "NONE"

Let me know if this has fixed your issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hdhomerun extend issue, just installed antenna0