Booting RPI3 with CEC
hi guys.

I figured out how to turn off the rpi3 with openelec when I turn my TV off through the CEC setting.

I'd like to know if there's any method to turn my RPi3 on when I power on my TV using pulses from HDMI CEC

Thanks in advance
(2016-03-12, 19:35)steff0 Wrote: hi guys.

I figured out how to turn off the rpi3 with openelec when I turn my TV off through the CEC setting.

I'd like to know if there's any method to turn my RPi3 on when I power on my TV using pulses from HDMI CEC

Thanks in advance

No way to power up Pi with CEC. People just leave the pi run 24/7 since it does not use much electric
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2016-03-12, 19:35)steff0 Wrote: hi guys.

Thanks in advance

I share your interests in this and Ive been trying to make a decent power switch (remote) for the Pi since the first models. There are manual power switches that you can make but I have never been able to add an IR receiver to them. Nowadays you can actually buy a power switch for the RPi

http://www.robotshop.com/en/on-off-power...gQodhnAP5A

One setup that might suit your interests for now

"by Paul Webster » Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm
I think that the cheapest is to power RPi from modern TV with USB ... then turning off the TV sends HDMI CEC command to RPi which can then perform an orderly shutdown (XBMC on Raspbian does this) and then a bit later the TV turns off the USB power to really close it down.
Turning on (resuming) the TV - with TV remote - turns on USB power and RPi restarts.

There are limitations - eg your TV USB might not provide enough power to drive peripherals attached to RPi"

Source: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...63&t=44434

Im thinking there is probably a way to configure that to an additional IR receiver or even wire a FLiRC into it with a modded usb cable, but thats way above my pay grade
If you do not trust your tv to power your device and you feel like playing with electronics. You could cut a power cable in half connect it to a relay with a timer off function and have that relay activated by the power from the usb port. The timer off function would make sure that the rpi has enough time to shutdown properly.
All I do is to have a remote controlled power adaptor connected to my Pi and another to my HDMI audio extractor so that they power on when I need to use them, they in turn will switch the TV on from standby.
I use the remote also to turn off the PI when Kodi has exited.
I need to do this as keeping the Pi on will keep the media server awake, as it remains awake on the IP address of the Pi.
They can be bought quite cheaply...

post images
http://www.msldigital.com/pages/more-information

This is by far the BEST way, but costs as much as the PI.

@Vimes I actually disabled the WOL in Kodi, I have an sh WOL script which runs on a 24/7 Pi1 that handles the WOL of the server, the script was running on my router prior to that so that could work as well. My setup may not work for you since the IP Address the script monitors is actually the TV's IP.

So when the TV is on so is the server, when the TV is off the server goes to sleep, it work well and I never have to worry about the server.
I use that Remote extension lead and I an happy.
All my audio/video devices and ambiance light are on it and disconnected from power exactly 60 seconds after the sleep current is reached.
The best is to use it with an universal remote control because there is only 1 memorised code to switch it on. You can teach the code from any usual remote and the sleep current for your configuration.
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
(2016-03-19, 10:11)jebise Wrote: http://www.msldigital.com/pages/more-information

This is by far the BEST way, but costs as much as the PI.

@Vimes I actually disabled the WOL in Kodi, I have an sh WOL script which runs on a 24/7 Pi1 that handles the WOL of the server, the script was running on my router prior to that so that could work as well. My setup may not work for you since the IP Address the script monitors is actually the TV's IP.

So when the TV is on so is the server, when the TV is off the server goes to sleep, it work well and I never have to worry about the server.

Thanks for that.

For me I have Windows OS on my media server and use a utility called Smartpower. It keeps the server awake when it detects the IP address of either the Pi or our Amazon Fire TV is awake. It is woken by magic packets MAC code of the Network card on the server, via a WOL Addon from the Kodi repo.

Our TV's IP address would not be useful to keep the server awake as it is often on and not needing the media on there.

Both the Pi and the AFTV only go into standby by default and are thus still seen as being on by the media server hence the need for that remote control power switch to fully switch them off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Booting RPI3 with CEC0