Newbee question Kodi16 wont load
Afternoon all. Could i get a bit of guidance please.
Running Windows 7 home premium
Had 15.2 isengard running my own build perfectly, went to update kodi and all hell broke loose, Kodi just kept saying a problem caused the programme to close and would not run at all. i tried to reinstall 15.2 and even that wouldn't work. So ive done a system restore and instead of it reverting back to 15.2 it launched 16 but nothing inside kodi would work, so ive uninstalled kodi totally, done a registry sweep and cleaned that out and now done another restore to before i originally installed kodi last year, done all the windows updates and now ready to try installing 16 jarvis. have i missed something?
I did a fresh install after deleting the folders in X86 and userdata but still refuses to load kodi 16
i downloaded all versions direct from the kodi site and ran the exe as administrator but to no avail. just poised now to try again,
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated..

I have seen threads where it is necessary to provide logs and i wonder if this is what you need to attempt to help me resolve this bloody annoying situation.
Thanks all.

Log post removed - DarrenHill
Please don't post logs directly here, use a site like Pastebin or XBMClogs for that, and post a link.

For details on how to do that, please see this link - debug log (wiki).

If Kodi won't run then you'll have to use the advanced way to do it manually.

When you say you removed userdata, did you remove the whole kodi folder in the %APPDATA% directory? If not, do so and try installing 15.2 again and see if it works.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Yes i removed the whole folder, i will uninstall 16 now and try install 15.2 and see what happens, also, i i read the debug link but couldnt make head nor tail of it, i did not see an icon saying get more in kodi file...... BBS And sorry about posting the log.
what is pastebin? and is it a free service.
Thanks
Yes, it's a website designed for hosting text files and such (www.pastebin.com). You copy/paste your logs in there, set a duration that they will be available and then hit submit. It will then supply you with a url that you can paste here and people can follow that to view the logs. It keeps things neater here, and is much easier to read.

You can find the log in the Kodi folder in %APPDATA% (%APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log ) - it's just a text file that you can open in notepad or your text editor of choice.

Jarvis requires DirectX11, whereas Isengard only requires DirectX9 to run. So it may be that your graphics drivers need to be updated (or your graphics hardware may do) if you want Jarvis.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Could you direct me to how i find out what version of directx i have at the moment, that could be the answer im looking for
Damn, im using directx11. oh well here we go,lol
(2016-03-16, 18:34)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, it's a website designed for hosting text files and such (www.pastebin.com). You copy/paste your logs in there, set a duration that they will be available and then hit submit. It will then supply you with a url that you can paste here and people can follow that to view the logs. It keeps things neater here, and is much easier to read.

You can find the log in the Kodi folder in %APPDATA% (%APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log ) - it's just a text file that you can open in notepad or your text editor of choice.

Jarvis requires DirectX11, whereas Isengard only requires DirectX9 to run. So it may be that your graphics drivers need to be updated (or your graphics hardware may do) if you want Jarvis.

Ok so, yes 15.2 loads perfectly fine..
Where do i go from here please?
If Isengard is working I would then try Jarvis again over the top of it, try running it and if it fails gather the debug log and pastebin it so we can see what is going wrong.

Kodi Blog Posts
Whats the best way to download and run over? would i be best to download to a different folder? or let the application overwrite it?
ok, ive done exactly as you asked i have a log thats been sent to me but i have a feeling its not the right one, i followed the prosess to the letter on upgrading to 16 whilst over writting 15.2, and it just crashed when i tried to open it after the update, it wount even let me open the programme now.
Any how heres the log i have received.

http://xbmclogs.com/puecevtq3
That's the log, but it's not from a new install. You've also got banned add-ons (wiki) in there which violate our forum rules (wiki) and mean that we cannot offer any support.

If you want help here then they need to be entirely removed.

Kodi Blog Posts
look i will just stick with 15.2

thanks for trying

ps i did what you asked, how can you get a log from a programme that wont openHuhHuh
Looking in detail, the log is from Isengard, so unless you've added the banned junk after install then I'd say you're not installing a legitimate build downloaded from here (which we certainly do not support). But either way such rubbish is well known to destabilise installations and can screw things up completely. Your Jarvis was an attempt to upgrade from there, so will inherit all the rubbish.

Your options are to clear everything properly and install Jarvis downloaded from here, and test that without any add-ons and we can help you if that doesn't work. Or if you decide to keep the piracy stuff, then that's your decision but you're on your own to get it to work, as we have no wish to be associated with such items as per the rules.

Kodi Blog Posts
Ok so ive done as you asked, heres the log file to prove it

http://xbmclogs.com/pyorbpstb
Im now going to the kodi site to download via the windows installer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbee question Kodi16 wont load0