• 8(current)
Release igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton
Thanks for continuing to develop this skin.
Thanks Bob, always helpful! I have another question though, is it possible in the music section to have the names of artists and albums under all the albums? If you have an album without image and you don't know what it is so you have to move your cursor over it, or you will never play it at all!

Kind regards,
Remind me after the next update and I'll look into it then.
I just switched to this skin today. I'm really only missing two features and want to verify that they just aren't there, rather than me not being able to find them:

1. media flags (colored preferably)
2. Not sure how to work this...rotating fanart in the main menu. On other skins I can't choose movie fanart, TV fanart, etc. and it will cycle through different ones. With this skin I did choose multi-image, but it only ever displays one even though there are several hundred in that folder.

Thank you!
The upcoming update will include optional simple media flags, though they are text-based only. I've no plans to add media flag images at this time.

The multi-image background is known to be broken, as it interfered with displaying widget fanart that isn't cached. If you can remind me after the upcoming update has landed, I'll happily then take a look to see if it can be fixed.

watch gallery
New version of the skin is now available on my repo. Note that the igConq has been rebased on another skin which has essentially meant re-writing large elements of it. Whilst in the long-term this means both skins will benefit from fixes and improvements made in the other, in the short term there will be some missing features and breakages. Let me know what you find and I'll do my best to fix as quickly as I can.
(2016-11-29, 00:01)BobCratchett Wrote: New version of the skin is now available on my repo. Note that the igConq has been rebased on another skin which has essentially meant re-writing large elements of it. Whilst in the long-term this means both skins will benefit from fixes and improvements made in the other, in the short term there will be some missing features and breakages. Let me know what you find and I'll do my best to fix as quickly as I can.

Hey Sir Bob,

I am just being curious here, so feel free to ignore my questions. Was the rebasing on the OSMC skin done to ease maintainability of both skins for you, or are there elements of skin.osmc which you preferred, and thus opted to base igConq on that skin? If so, what were those? Again, I'm just being my curious and bothersome self here Smile

Kind regards,

Bart
A little of both. The original plan was to have igConq be the 'upstream' of the OSMC skin, but in the end there were so many minor changes that it got to the point where changes from one couldn't be easily moved to the other. By rebasing on top of the OSMC skin (so OSMC becomes the 'upstream' of igConq), it allows fixes and improvements to be shared which does make the maintenance of both so much easier. But there are also a lot of little changes in the OSMC skin that I do indeed like - now playing information, media flags and updated dialog appearance to name just three - that I'm happy to have in my day-to-day skin.
(2016-11-29, 00:41)BobCratchett Wrote: A little of both. The original plan was to have igConq be the 'upstream' of the OSMC skin, but in the end there were so many minor changes that it got to the point where changes from one couldn't be easily moved to the other. By rebasing on top of the OSMC skin (so OSMC becomes the 'upstream' of igConq), it allows fixes and improvements to be shared which does make the maintenance of both so much easier. But there are also a lot of little changes in the OSMC skin that I do indeed like - now playing information, media flags and updated dialog appearance to name just three - that I'm happy to have in my day-to-day skin.

Thank you sir! I will test it this week in my Windows laptop with Krypton. I guess it would be best to get it through your repo, right?

Regards,

Bart
Through my repo is certainly easiest, but can you manually install from git if you prefer (I'm sure you know not to try installing via 'Install from zip file' if downloading from git, and that you need to enable it within Kodi after manual install, right?)
(2016-11-29, 00:51)BobCratchett Wrote: Through my repo is certainly easiest, but can you manually install from git if you prefer (I'm sure you know not to try installing via 'Install from zip file' if downloading from git, and that you need to enable it within Kodi after manual install, right?)

I do indeed, thanks Bob. I will try from Git, I am pretty used to that.
Bob,

After using it for a bit, I congratulate you on a very elegant, classy, clutter-free, smooth-flowing skin. I like it!

I am using the latest skin from Git, Kodi Krypton nightly from 11/26 under Windows 10.

There are a couple of things I could not figure out, and some requests for you to consider:

1. When browsing movies using the Wide view, the focused poster is shown larger as it should, but all the other unfocused posters are not shown, they appear black. When I move from movie to movie (pressing left or right), the focused poster is shown correctly, but all the others remain black. This does not happen for TV Shows.

2. I am sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but is there a way to use the widgets provided by skin.helper.service, such as Upcoming Movies, In Cinema movies and the like? I could not figure out how to do this.

3. I am a big follower of the IMDb Top 250 list, and I try to keep my collection updated with all of the movies in that list. Would you consider adding the Top 250 indicator in any of the movie views? Wide view would be great for me.

Thanks again for this great skin and for looking over my questions/requests.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-11-29, 00:01)BobCratchett Wrote: New version of the skin is now available on my repo. Note that the igConq has been rebased on another skin which has essentially meant re-writing large elements of it. Whilst in the long-term this means both skins will benefit from fixes and improvements made in the other, in the short term there will be some missing features and breakages. Let me know what you find and I'll do my best to fix as quickly as I can.

Just got the new version. First things I noticed:

- I used to use the "classic" font (which I think was the one from the original Conq skin) and the "dark" theme, which is most suited to light backgrounds like the one I like to use. Both of these seem to be gone now... Any chance to get them back?

- Browsing movies using the "wide" view results in every poster except the one which has focus showing black, and the focused one is usually improperly cropped (most of the times, but not always, with black stripes on top and bottom). On TV Shows, all posters appear, but there's the same uneven cropping problem (some posters look OK, some are showing black stripes on top and bottom, of different heights). This did not happen in the previous version, where all posters were cropped properly. I'd be happy to provide screenshots if that's not clear enough or if you can't reproduce the bug.
ODROID C2 eMMC 16GB | LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2 + fTV | Logitech Harmony Elite remote | LG 55EG910V
Thanks for the feedback (and all credit to Hitcher, as always, for the original skin)

The wide view is now fixed, and both the original font and dark colour scheme have been re-added. With regards the dark scheme, I've only done limited testing, so let me know if there's anywhere it's not working properly.

(2016-11-29, 02:54)bsoriano Wrote: 2. I am sorry if this has been asked and answered elsewhere, but is there a way to use the widgets provided by skin.helper.service, such as Upcoming Movies, In Cinema movies and the like? I could not figure out how to do this.

3. I am a big follower of the IMDb Top 250 list, and I try to keep my collection updated with all of the movies in that list. Would you consider adding the Top 250 indicator in any of the movie views? Wide view would be great for me.

2. All the Skin Helper widgets (and the extended info, library data provider and others) are under 'Default Widgets' - the first item when choosing a widget. If you don't have any given provider installed, you can install them from the 'Get More...' link once you're in Default Widgets.

3. Providing this kind of information doesn't fit in with my vision of the skin, sorry.
Thanks Bob! I really didn't look at the default widgets. In regards to Top 250, could you please let me know which xml files I would need to look at in order to add this myself to the Wide movie view? Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Bart
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
igConq - A Conq mod for Krypton3