"In progress TV Shows" -widget issue
I use the newest beta version of OpenELEC with Kodi 16.1RC on RPi2 with the Mimic 3.4.0 skin.

The widget for "In progress TV Shows" doesn't start the next episode, it just takes me to the folder of that show.. Is this a bug, or how can I customise this behaviour?

Also the home screen constantly shows a box in the upper right corner with a forbidden-symbol, as if an add-on doesn't work or exist. The box encloses, but are not hiding, the time and date, and the forbidden-symbol is just to the left of time&date. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks a lot for the all-around great skin! Smile
The Real Skimshady
You will need to post a debug log to troubleshoot the notification issue. .
Here are the warnings and errors showing up in the log file:

ERROR: DBus: Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button exit
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window filestackingdialog
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window scriptsdebuginfo
WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder
ERROR: DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for resource://resource.images.weathericons.default/
WARNING: CSkinInfo: failed to load skin settings
ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window programsettings
WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

- Perhaps the mentioned "forbidden"-sign is because of missing weather icons? Is there supposed to be some weather info by the time&date in the upper right corner?

- I don't know if the "In progress TV Shows" -widget behaviour is an error... The old version of Mimic started the next episode, it didn't just enter the shows folder. If this is an error, then one of the last errors/warnings must be the culprit... I would guess it is an intended new behaviour, or a customisable option, or an unfortunate oversight during development (logical error) Smile
The Real Skimshady
You need to post a link to your entire debug log. http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Here is the complete debug log:
http://xbmclogs.com/pgcrsg9bv
The Real Skimshady
Hmm, not sure why it isn't showing the current weather to the left of the date/time, you have the default weather icons resource addon installed. One thing you can try is go in to the weather window and select a weather icons pack from the left side menu. Do the weather icons show up in the home screen weather/date/time notification then?

Is the InProgress content coming from your local library or an addon? I'm using the InProgress widget provided by skin helper service here and it is playing the episodes correctly.
Yes, I installed a default weather add-on, and now it works!

But it takes a minute after each reboot before it shows correctly. It starts with showing the forbidden-sign, and then it eventually loads Smile It was kind of hard to guess what was missing from the behaviour.

I use the "In progress TV Shows" in the library(?) I guess. I'm not sure if we talk about the same widget... Where can I find the InProgress widget you are talking about?
The Real Skimshady
So two issues remain:

- The weather icon takes a while to load after restart, and shows a disturbing placeholder (forbidden-sign) until it loads.

- Where is this "InProgress" Widget with correct behaviour? I only found the "In progress TV Shows" widget, which just enters that shows seasons overview folder and doesn't play the next episode automatically.

I hope these small quirks can be ironed out eventually.
The Real Skimshady
There's not much for a skin to do when it takes Kodi a while to load the weather info. It's probably worse on low-powered devices like an Rpi2.

If you have skin.helper.service installed, you will find a long list of available widgets under Default Widgets in the widget selector.
Fair enough on the first issue! Smile

"Skin Helper Service" is listed as a dependency and says 'enabled'. Inside 'Configure' it looks a bit strange though: all selections on the lefthand side says 'General', when I guess they mean 'Recent', 'Recommended', 'Random' etc. Updating the add-on fails btw..

I found 'Default Widgets' now under the Skin/Home window settings. It hangs a while on the message box "Getting directory listing...". But finally I got it to work!!

Thank you very much Big Grin
The Real Skimshady

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"In progress TV Shows" -widget issue0