kodi upnp server
Hi Guys

So I havent used Kodi now for a while and am just starting to setup raspberry pi's through the house, I remember in the past I was able to use my media computer as the upnp server then Im pretty sure the skin was confluence upnp to make it possible to have my movies and videos visable the "TV Shows" and "Movies" instead of through video > files.. is there any way to do this I cant seem to find anything on it, also I used to be able to pause a movie in 1 room go into another and resume it is this still possible?

TIA
Thread moved to OS independent as it can be done on any Kodi.

Go to settings > services > UPnP/DLNA and basically enable everything. Then go to videos and add sources, and your other devices should be available under UPnP Devices . Their content can then be scraped into the libraries as normal. See HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP (wiki) for more details.

You may also want to look at setting up a MySQL (wiki) central shared database for watched statuses for the pause and resume aspect.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
so I added the upnp as you said there and as the video mentioned but movies and tv shows all come up in video > Files not "Tv Shows" and "Movies" is there a way to do that?

I will have a look into the MySQL thanks fort that
Have you updated the library since adding the UPnP sources? Movies and TV Shows are the two library nodes for the media types, so won't populate until the sources are scanned and the library updated.

The naming of the files is also important, as the scraper needs to be able to match your files with the metadata in their databases. See the wiki entry on naming video files (wiki) for more details.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have had sickrage do all the names for my TV shows and download all information for my TV Shows, will delete the sources and try again see if it works this time

Cheers
so when i add the upnp from "video > files > upnp" again the tv shows and movies are only available through "video > files" they wont show up in "Tv Shows or Movies" in fact the folders for them are not even available to me. I have shut it down and turned it back on with "update library on startup" enabled and it doesn't even try to scrape anything.

Any ideas why it would not make these folders for me?
ok so I have gone away from the upnp for now and gone with the mysql I am a little uncertain where to put the "advancedsettings.xml" on the raspberry pi SD card as there is only 1 folder "overlays" I saw on wiki that it was ment to go in "OpenELEC /storage/.kodi/userdata/" so I added "F:/storage/kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml" with
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.108</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.108</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>kodi</user>
<pass>kodi</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
But neither of the raspberries seem to be picking it up, any idea what I have done wrong here?
I have installed mysql as per wiki instructions and added episodes and movies as per
smb://192.168.1.108/episodes/
smb://192.168.1.108/movies/

and both folders are scraping now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi upnp server0