[SOLVED] Missing OSD For Some Videos
I seem to be missing my OSD, but weirdly some of my videos still show it. I'm running Jarvis on an Ouya and mostly everything works fine, but some videos when I pause/skip, or hit my context button (U) I don't get any OSD. It seems to be there based on button commands I'm sending, but I don't actually see it. Any ideas? I didn't have this problem when I was running Kodi Helix.

EDIT: I've tracked it down to standard def videos showing the OSD, while HD videos aren't. Any thoughts? New feature maybe that wasn't in Helix?

EDIT 2: OK, looks like its not actually based on the definition, but on the video codec used (maybe?). Some of my SD videos are AAC and don't give me the OSD, but others that are XVID and DivX do.

EDIT 3: Ned Scott below nailed it: "Go into settings -> Videos -> Accelleration -> and then turn off just "media codec (surface)""
Go into settings -> Videos -> Accelleration -> and then turn off just "media codec (surface)".

For some reason the OUYA handles HDMI output weird. That setting being off won't cause any issues on the OUYA, though.
(2016-03-28, 04:55)Ned Scott Wrote: Go into settings -> Videos -> Accelleration -> and then turn off just "media codec (surface)".

That did it! Thanks for the assist Ned!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Missing OSD For Some Videos0