get rid of irritating pop up
everytime kodi is turned on I get a stupid ping and pop up saying 'no pvr client...'
how do I get rid of this stupid pop up?
all I need is to switch it off somehow
Turn off live tv.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
how?
I dont have any live tv
(2016-03-28, 23:56)2nzy Wrote: how?
I dont have any live tv
Go to settings, system, TV, general and see if enable is clicked.
no,it's not enabled
how do I select to stop the stupid pop up tho?
as I dont have any tv anyway it's stopping the pop up thats the problem
I'm sure I've seen this on Windows, where PVR clients get installed whether you like them or not. I normally disable all the clients I don't want when I install on Windows, and haven't had a problem since (IIRC, pvr.wmc was one, maybe another as well).

*Disclaimer - I haven't tried this*

Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons - you'll see one or more pvr.*** addons - try closing Kodi, moving those somewhere else and restarting. That said, as above, the addons shouldn't matter if Live TV is disabled.
no,that didnt work,
moved the pvr folders elsewhere,run kodi,still get that stupid pop up Sad
there must be an off switch for pop ups?
That's weird.
Something could have gotten corrupted.
Try this:
- close kodi
- start-run
- type %APPDATA%
-rename the kodi folder to kodi.old (don't delete)
-start kodi.

Does the stupid popup still show?

You can repeat this to restore all back afterwards.
Just rename the current folder to something other than 'kodi'. Rename kodi.old to kodi.
when I run kodi.old the popup does not show
when I run kodi it does
Check the settings in skin appearance that is called startup window. You can set this to TV, without having PVR stuff installed. Change it to home menu if set incorrectly.
At this point i would just clear all appdata en reconfigure your settings, case closed :-)
Before deleting everything... have you tried the old standby of toggling the setting?

Go in to settings \ TV \ General and put a TICK next to Enabled.
Exit KODI.
Now restart KODI and go back to Settings \ TV \ General and REMOVE the tick next to Enabled.
Exit KODI.

Now restart... is the pop-up still there?

Note: I am on Windows and have all the TV PVR stuff installed by default and it causes ZERO troubles for me. Maybe you have some add-on that is trying to do something TV related?
Yes, i expect some addon (that might be removed and left something) is the root cause of this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
get rid of irritating pop up0