New HTPC-NUC6i5SYK Build NO HD audio help!
(2016-03-31, 21:21)shanssv Wrote: you can see it here ..if you need i can take more screen shots

thanks

It your playback Sync to display?

Settings/Videos/
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
stupid question. why did you not enable all off the passthrough options seeing as your avr supports them?

a simple debug log would help ALOT, even for us guys who barely know what the majority of the logs means.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-03-31, 21:51)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 21:21)shanssv Wrote: you can see it here ..if you need i can take more screen shots

thanks

Settings/Videos/

No it was not. Is it in someway related to audio ?
(2016-04-01, 07:21)shanssv Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 21:51)movie78 Wrote:

thanks

Settings/Videos/

Yes. On many platforms (not the Pi ISTR) setting "Sync to Display" will remove passthrough I believe these days, as Kodi nows always uses resampling to cope with audio sync when syncing video to the output refresh rate. Re-sampled audio will be output as PCM 5.1/7.1 (decoded from DD/DTS/True HD/DTS HD) (*) Older builds had the option to passthrough still with audio frames repeated or dropped to keep stuff in sync.

(*) Don't know if this will be re-encoded in DD if you have Transcode enabled.
(2016-04-01, 11:47)noggin Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 07:21)shanssv Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 21:51)movie78 Wrote: It your playback Sync to display?

Settings/Videos/

Yes. On many platforms (not the Pi ISTR) setting "Sync to Display" will remove passthrough I believe these days, as Kodi nows always uses resampling to cope with audio sync when syncing video to the output refresh rate. Re-sampled audio will be output as PCM 5.1/7.1 (decoded from DD/DTS/True HD/DTS HD) (*) Older builds had the option to passthrough still with audio frames repeated or dropped to keep stuff in sync.

(*) Don't know if this will be re-encoded in DD if you have Transcode enabled.

Agreed...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
If you don't select basic ac3/dts then HD audio won't work. Select all under Enable Passthrough.
Thanks for the answers..I will check this weekend and report back.
(2016-04-01, 13:58)9800pro Wrote: If you don't select basic ac3/dts then HD audio won't work. Select all under Enable Passthrough.

thanks, it did the trick. Now HD audio works.

Now the problem is Video. I have 4K, LG 65EF950V and the video quality not good as compared to playing the same BD ISO with my custom firmware pioneer bluray player it is like day and night difference. any settings to change ? any tips?.

Thanks
I think easiest thing to do would be to change to OpenElec, but I guess you have some good reason to use Windows...
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2016-04-03, 18:47)BoxFreak Wrote: I think easiest thing to do would be to change to OpenElec, but I guess you have some good reason to use Windows...

3D is looking to be a major reason to use Windows with Intel now that 3D MVC and Frame Packed output are possible with many CPUs.
(2016-04-03, 18:27)shanssv Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 13:58)9800pro Wrote: If you don't select basic ac3/dts then HD audio won't work. Select all under Enable Passthrough.

thanks, it did the trick. Now HD audio works.

Now the problem is Video. I have 4K, LG 65EF950V and the video quality not good as compared to playing the same BD ISO with my custom firmware pioneer bluray player it is like day and night difference. any settings to change ? any tips?.

Thanks

I discovered my Intel drivers defaulted to a horrific level of noise reduction. Definitely check that you have noise reduction set at 0, and personally I'd also run with no sharpness enabled either. (Sharpening usually just masks detail with fake 'edge')

Also make sure you run Kodi in 1080p rather than 2160p output - it is almost certain that your TV upscale will be better than the GPU upscale I believe. (Certainly that's why Fritsch added the change that enables 2160p output only when 2160p content is being played - though they may be on the Linux builds)
Was a generic change. Works the same in Windows.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC-NUC6i5SYK Build NO HD audio help!0