With UPnp/DLNA On, Kodi 16.0 Crashes
I've been using kodi for many a year now (been using since XBMC 12 or so). It has been a pleasure to use. She is running on a Win7 machine that is as reliable as the sunrise. I have (had, I'll get to this point shortly) only the HDTV that this Win7 box is attached to (HDMI through a Nvidia 660). I just added a new Smart TV (LG 55") in the master bedroom. So I do some 'research' as I would like to stream video to that (Wireless so far, one day I will wire the whole house). Ok, TV supports streaming (Calls it smartshare).

On Kodi, I turn on UPnp/DLNA, and on the TV I see Kodi as a 'device'. I move around the menu and start enjoying a video. Within about 30 minutes, the TV says 'network unstable' I try to select the 'device' again but it is gone. I go over to the kodi and it has crashed out back to the desktop. I launch kodi again, start streaming a different video and it crashes more quickly now (less than 10 minutes, I don't think time matters just trying to be as reasonably factual as possible). OK is the issue here on the TV or with the streamer or something else?

To test this I come back to the local machine (not streaming) and still with uPnP/DLNA on, I try to watch a few shows. it crashes within 30 minutes on any video I pick. So I remove uPnP/DLNA as the issue I turn it off and now I can watch MANY, MANY movies without issue. I have a debug of it happening. debug logs and to be clear, this has been upgraded from each version as they were released (NOT a fresh install, I think ever). I am researching how to keep my library and will try that next but wanted to get some eyes on this just in case somehow it is more prevalent/and underlying issue for others.

Thanks in advance for your time looking this over.
May be related... may not be, given the different platforms (Ubuntu Linux vs Win7) .... I was just searching to see if I could find any answers for myself...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266993

Your debug log has expired, so I can't see if you have the same messages as me or something different.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With UPnp/DLNA On, Kodi 16.0 Crashes0