menu washed out, 0-255 / 16-235 colour
(2016-04-05, 15:38)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 14:17)stoolzo Wrote: i have an LG oled tv and its taken me a long time to get a picture I like but also to get the colour space setup correctly. What i am finding though is that when I start KODI the menu is washed out even though my desktop settings are set correctly. My black clipping is correct both playing and on youtube so there is a problem with KODI in that its showing the menu at the incorrect colour space.

Here is my setup.

pixel full RGB 4:4:4
ati card colour range 0-255
Kodi colour range correctly set a t 16-235

If I set KODI to 0-255 the movies are too dark and it destroys my black clipping, even if I bring the brightness up to compensate it added noise to the image as it obviously doing an extra colour space conversion it should not be doing.

Is there a hack where we can get the menu to darken so it not washed out, ideally we should have a colour space for both the menu and output.

If you choose limted on your GFX card you subject you media to an extra conversion, see here.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_levels_and_color_space

So you pc and desktop should be full and your player software should be set to limted only, however when you set KODI to limited the menu is washed out as i've said. The Kodi main menu should mirror the desktop settings and not the output of the movies you are playing, or it should have separate settings for menu and output.

Pretty much all video content is 16 - 235 so you WANT limited in Kodi.

Messages In This Thread
RE: menu washed out, 0-255 / 16-235 colour - by stoolzo - 2016-04-05, 22:41
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
menu washed out, 0-255 / 16-235 colour0