menu washed out, 0-255 / 16-235 colour
(2016-04-06, 17:40)huhn Wrote: yet again it's not a passthrough.

Yet again you're making an overly pedantic distinction which isn't helpful, particularly as concerns the OP.

Quote:on a properly calibrated screen all WTW and BTB is clipped anyway.

BTB helps one set Brightness, and some amount of WTW is arguably worth keeping. See Spears and Munsil 2nd edition articles on Brightness, Contrast, and Colorspace selection for more. In any case, WTW is always there on my Panasonic plasma, so saying it's "clipped on a properly calibrated screen" is not true.

Moreover, see the ETA in my prior message for a reason why the passthrough mode can still be useful for someone who believes 0-255 video output is just as good.

Quote:there is no need to go deeper on this topic. setting the GPU to limited range is bad fpr quality. and i'm pretty sure we agree on that.

I agree with both those points. However, madshi's post that you quoted talks about the same things I talked about in my prior messages. I covered all 3 of his bullet items, I see no disagreement in what we respectively said, so I don't see why you posted it. The Argyll discussion is really off-topic to boot.

Messages In This Thread
RE: menu washed out, 0-255 / 16-235 colour - by crawfish - 2016-04-06, 18:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
menu washed out, 0-255 / 16-235 colour0