v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-05-01, 15:22)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 14:28)nexusle Wrote: I think my Pi boots too fast?

Kodi is supposed to wait until the video player process disappears from the process list. The video player should always start before Kodi, and the video player should disappear once the video has played out in full. If you are not seeing the whole video, then this suggests the video player process terminated (disappeared) before the end of the video. About the only other possibility, and I don't know why or how this could happen, is that Kodi is starting before the video player so that when Kodi queries if the video player is still running it sees nothing running and continues without any delay - the video player may then eventually start, and you see only the first half of the video (or something). This would actually suggest your system is booting really slowly, or in some weird order.

I'll add "ulimit -c unlimited" to kodi-splash.sh in the next build, if the video player is crashing then we should get a core dump.

@nexusle: Is your splash video still not playing out completely? Do you have a hello_video.bin core dump file in /storage/.cache/cores? If so, can you run the following command (copy & paste it as a single line):
Code:
gdb /usr/bin/hello_video.bin --core="$(ls -1r /storage/.cache/cores/*hello_video.bin* | head -1)" --batch -ex "thread apply all bt" 2>/dev/null | paste
and paste the link.

If the video isn't playing out completely, but you don't have a core dump, then hello_video.bin probably isn't crashing - knowing this would also be useful information.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-05-07, 02:53
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19