v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there has been a change that's causing images to take a lot longer to render in these nightlies?

I'll use the Titan skin as reference as it's my skin of choice, however this happens on all skins i've noticed.

There's a lot of skins that utilize the "color picker" in the Skin Helper Service to allow the user to customize the colors of their skin.
In the Jarvis stable release of Libreelec, the "Color Grid" that one is presented with when attempting to change colors loads relatively quickly... While slower on the RPi than other systems it still managed fairly well.

In the latest Libreelec nightlies and alpha release, loading the same color grid can take quite some time, sometimes up to around 50 seconds... Which can be pretty unbearable when trying to configure the colors for various skin items.

Now, before anyone suggests that the Skin Helper Service is the problem (which it could very well be), i have my doubts as i've noticed that loading images such as addon icons while browsing a repository can be painfully slow also.

Also the fact that i've installed a fresh copy of the latest Generic Libreelec alpha on my x86 theatre room HTPC which is now suffering from the same symptoms, is leading me to believe there may be something slowing down the rendering of images in either kodi/libreelec.

I haven't supplied a log, but i don't think i really need to as this is certainly not an isolated problem...
Anyone with a RPi and 10 minutes up their sleeve can try this and see for themselves.

Hoping someone can shed some light on this one.

Cheers,
Loggio.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by loggio - 2016-07-04, 08:04
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19