v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-07-05, 14:39)david1976aus Wrote: I am having the same issues. Fixed after I rolled back the version.

(2016-07-05, 08:17)f1vefour Wrote:
(2016-07-05, 02:00)jarvismeier Wrote: With this build i have both a Pi3 and a Pi2 that refuse to boot past the animated splash screen. i have narrowed it down to an issue with an Edimax Wireless AC600 USB dongle. If i remove it I can completely boot. Once booted if i plug the adapter back in Kodi locks hard and the unit becomes unresponsive.

This is the unit in question: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00FW6T...UTF8&psc=1

This would be due to the kernel switch, guess something is wrong in the driver code to your dongle.

This device is based on the RTL8812AU driver?

There's an updated RTL8812AU version of the driver with kernel 4.6 and 4.7 support, although it's essentially the same changes I already have in these builds - just enough changes to allow the driver to build against the latest 4.6 and 4.7 kernel (actually, the 4.7 upstream change is a bit of a hack). I'll bump to this newer version of the driver in the next build to see if it makes any difference, however if the problems continue please provide output of "dmesg", "lsmod" and "lsusb -v" from a working build (ie. #0703).

If we can't find a working driver I'm not sure what we'll do, these non-mainline Realtek drivers are always a bit of a liability as there's barely any official manufacturer support. If you can, buy something else that isn't based on Realtek hardware and that has mainline Linux kernel support (Broadcom, Intel etc.).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-07-05, 17:30
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19