v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
Playback until true end of file has been reached - IS WORKING!

I was surprised, that this is working with milhouse testbuilds, I tried 618 and 714. Is this a bug or a feature? Is it going to stay?

What am I talking about?

In Kodi 16, the length of a video file was only checked at the beginning of the playback. If the file size increased during playback (due to ongoing recording or something like that), the playback stopped at the initial length, ignoring the remaining "new" data. I talked to some devs about this feature and they said, it is planned for Kodi 18. (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280437)

However it already works with milhouse testbuilds. At least on my PI2. Can somone confirm this as well? I am not using any PVR addon, I just have a SMB share, which contains movie files which I added to the Kodi Video section and sometimes these files grow due to ongoing recordings (not controlled by Kodi) - and with milhouse testbuilds I can watch movies to the very end, even though they where still recording when I started to watch them.

Was this added by milhouse on purpose, or is it just working by chance? Can someone else confirm this?

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
Playback until true end of file has been reached - IS WORKING! - by jobisoft - 2016-08-03, 11:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19