v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-08-12, 17:26)drdwridav Wrote:
(2016-08-12, 15:11)popcornmix Wrote:
(2016-08-10, 23:30)drdwridav Wrote: EDIT: one other quick finding. If I disable adjust display refresh rate -obviously playback jerky - but kodi does switch back to 2d properly on exiting. Interesting?

Not something I would have predicted, so I guess interesting. I suspect this is timing related and there is a subtle change in timing, but not sure yet.

Does increasing "delay after change of refresh rate" in system/display settings help?

That's the badger! Cheers popcornmix. Sorted! First tried 0.5 second delay - no difference. Then a 1 second delay and I've started and stopped 6 different 3D films in various containers - all switched back to 2d mode properly. So it was all about the delay which must be default longer in 7.9.4 then?!

Hi popcornmix. You may recall the conversation above from a few weeks ago about my Samsung TV not switching back to 2D after a 3D film. With the increased delay it's now ok with OMX, but with MMAL it's the same old problem regardless of the delay set. MMAL is the better player now (especially as there are no issues fast forwarding 3D films) so this is getting to me a bit (only because I'm a perfectionist and want it all flawless!). It's a pretty mainstream TV (48 inch H series 2014) so I'm surprised no one else is getting the issue too!

What I have noticed though which might be of interest is that on exiting the 3D film the TV does momentarily switch to 2D (you can see the menu fine for a glimpse), it then goes black and switches back to a garbled 3D image. Is there any other adjustment I can try? Failing that is it possible to remote keymap change resolution or refresh rate? Because at the moment my way to cure this after a 3D film is to go into system settings, select a different refresh rate or resolution - then reject the change when it is offered....back to normal.

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by drdwridav - 2016-10-11, 17:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19