v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-16, 15:33)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-10-16, 11:40)camelreef Wrote: It is working fine. Once I found the proper conf file for the settings of my MtxOrb driver.

If I may offer advice... Maybe indicating somewhere in the plugin's interface that choosing the driver may not be enough, and that editing the config file for that particular driver will probably be needed. Indicating the location of the conf file would be a plus.

Other than that, I would give this a go.

Thanks for waiting for this plugin before removing LCDd from the main build!

Nico

Thanks for the feedback, can you expand on the issue with the conf file? How is the add-on behaving differently to the original built-in version? The conf file will now be in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.lcdd/LCDd.conf, is this different to before? Or are you simply suggesting (which sounds like a good idea) that we inform the user where to find the conf file?

Some LCDs drivers need further configuration, like what device to use (I have to change from /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/tyyUSB0, for example) and display size (20x4 or 20x2, for example).

This is the same behaviour as before. Informing about that within the UI would be an improvement and may lighten the burden in forums later!

The config file used to be in /storage/.config/LCDd.conf, and now it is indeed where you have mentioned (userdata/addon_data), which is a perfectly good/logical place.

The startlcdd.sh script could maybe provide an easy migration script, if no config file exists in userdata/addon_data and if /storage/.config/LCDd.conf exists, then copy it to userdata/addon_data, otherwise copy the base config from the plugin to userdata/addon_data. Maybe idiotic if /storage/.config/LCDs.conf was always there in the first place in old installs, or if there were too many changes in LCDd versions...

Informing that there may be subsequent changed to the config file sounds like a good idea. Indicating the location of the file is even better (especially since the filesystem will have at least 2 versions, one from the base plugin, copied to userdata at first use, then the one in userdata, and maybe an old one in /storage/.config).

Making it all a plugin UI will be tough, as you would probably have to make one for each LCD driver, they tend to be all slightly different. Also, you cannot pass many parameters in daemon start, so the config file would have to be parsed and modified. A whole different effort. The current way (start the daemon with driver and conf file) is dead easy.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by camelreef - 2016-10-16, 16:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19