v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-26, 13:00)bleep42 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 00:56)mikeb8591 Wrote: #1025 is still broken wrt audio/video progressively further out of sync when I play back recordings.

Still see all three (s/w, omx, and mmal) modes broken and unusable.

Hi Mike,
I've tried your sample file from a while back and if I have "Sync playback to display" set ON it plays perfectly, if I have it turned OFF the sound is out of sync with the video.
The setting is under "Player Settings" "Videos". No idea why this might be? @popcornmix. Give it a try.
It does look like it's using SW decoding and on my Pi3 is using approx %50 on all four cores, so would probably struggle on anything lower Pi1 definately Pi2 don't know, might cope.
Regards, Kevin.

With default settings and an MPEG-2 codec licence I see no sync issues with the clip with either MMAL or omxplayer.
Without an MPEG-2 codec licence MMAL/omxplayer can't be used so it does software decode.
Software decode with advanced deinterlace is too slow hence the out-of-sync or dropped frames . Switching off deinterlace or switching to bob deinterlace fixes the issue.

Is that the situation you guys are seeing?

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by popcornmix - 2016-10-26, 15:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19