v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-10-27, 01:14)mikeb8591 Wrote:
(2016-10-26, 16:29)bleep42 Wrote: If I then change deinterlace to either OFF or MMAL-Advanced(half) or MMAL-Bob(half) the file does play back fine.
If I use Auto or MMAL-Advanced or MMAL-Bob, the sound goes out of sync.
So it sounds from your comments above that this is to be expected with software decoding, in which case it might be worth Mike splashing out £2.40 (say $3) on a MPEG-2 licence because that same test file plays fine on my Pi1 with a licence.
Thanks Popcornmix. :-)
Regards, Kevin.

Hi Guys,

I've got the mpeg-2 licenses. When I say omx or mmal, I'm talking about having the hw renderers enabled in the player settings.

I just tried 'Sync playback to display' again, and I still see no difference, either with omx-hw or sw rendering.

I've got a recording with a glass-clink that occurs about 26 seconds into the recording, and I'm seeing the sound off by about 2 seconds at that point. (clink occurs ~2 seconds before you see the glasses touch)

I will try to extract the first minute of that recording later, so I can provide a link, since it's been such a good check (for me) to see how far of the audio is.

I haven't seen any settings for interlace, even though I've got my menus set to 'expert'. Where are those?

Thanks!
Mike

Hi Mike,
In that case sounds like your licence key isn't being recognised.
Press the letter o key on your keyboard while playing one of these videos an information display should appear, the top item "Video decoder" should have (HW) on the end of the line, if it says (SW) you need to investigate why your licence key isn't being used.
To change the deinterlacing method, wave your mouse around while watching one of these videos, at the right hand side of the display is the settings icon (a cog) move the mouse over this and a menu will pup up, with "video settings" as an option, select that and the top item in the list is the deinterlace settings.
I found all this out by doing searches.
Regards, Kevin.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by bleep42 - 2016-10-27, 11:48
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19