v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-11-13, 16:50)mcelliott Wrote: Sod's law, but after hours of searching, I find the solution after I post.

https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-2319.html

Once I added

192.168.0.5 SERVER

to hosts.conf and rebooted, all the problems are fixed.

Do we have any idea why this would be?

Thanks,

Mark

After the Samba config change in #1018 there have been a few (2-3) reports of connection issues, which I suspect were down to name resolution failures.

Restarting _every_ networked device on your network may help. Avoiding hostnames definitely helps.

Unfortunately Samba is a rather fragile beast, and even apparently beneficial changes such as those in #1018 can upset an apparently working network until all members are back in sync and on the same page. It's possible your network (or maybe only part of it) is now using a different "master browser" than it was before which may result in broken name resolution, hence restarting all devices may give them a chance to re-establish a new and consistent master browser. After #1018, LibreELEC devices will no longer attempt to become local master browsers as they might have done before.

This is the thread that prompted the changes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Milhouse - 2016-11-13, 19:35
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19