v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-11-23, 00:21)Milhouse Wrote: As a special bleeding-edge feature this build includes the Estuary "Next Gen" skin that will soon be merged into Kodi master. This is an updated version of the Estuary skin with many fixes and improvements. Definitely worth a look.

Thank you for the extra build, I was eager to try the new version of the skin...was...
Since it's not issues but but just thoughts:
  1. The massive size of the movie posters on the main screen are just completely out of all proportion. Your quick overview is gone and where it before has become one of the main movie selection points, due to the now introduced extensive navigation requirements it has become a main screen to completely ignore.
  2. The single list view (List) of the movie section that I used has been rendered illogical by positioning the list in the middle, with movie info on both sides now. It does not make sense.
  3. The two alternative lists that could have served as a reluctant alternative (WideList and Fanart) place labels and icons on top of the list for some reason and if it not lacks the year, it lacks a proper poster view

I understand that no skin will be perfect for everybody, but the combination of these strange design decisions will leave me resting with the previous build for the time being, if not switch to to a different skin if left unchanged in the end.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by Forage - 2016-11-23, 19:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19