v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)
I'm having a problem with 3840x2160 content - the GUI displays fine at 60hz or 50hz, but 24p content results in a blank screen (can still hear audio) with my new TV reporting that the refresh rate is out of range. Confirmed the same just by trying to change the refresh rate of the GUI.

I initially thought the problem to be my amp (Sony DN-1050) as it can only handle the passthrough at 8 bit - 60hz/50hz. Sony say "Supports YUV 4:2:0 / 8 bit format only" and the other 4k/UHD modes "Supports 8 bit format only"

http://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdn10585/...42768.html

I've posted as such about this, but after a bit of experimentation I've noticed that when I boot into the Windows 10 half of my dual boot HTPC (Geforce GTX 1070) then I have no trouble displaying all modes at the required refresh rates so obviously the passthrough is working fine.

The other strange anomoly is that if I plug the HDMI directly into the TV then Libreelec can also display the modes correctly (I'm running your August 30th build at the moment Millhouse). In both cases the refresh rates are selectable in the video options, so LE is picking them up, albeit incorrectly it would seem when plugged in via the Sony amp.

I've recently upgraded both the graphics card and my TV (Samsung 65KU6400U) at the same time, all was working with my previous card (GTX 980) and 1080p TV (also a Samsung), but that was on OpenElec - I've just moved over due to the graphics driver issue (and enjoying Libreelec, thanks for your hard work!).

So I don't know if there's a problem with the handshaking in Libreelec or something in the Nvidia driver? I've had a mess around creating a custom xorg.conf, but to be honest it's been a long long time since I last had to do that, so I'm really needing pointed in the right direction!

Cheers.

edit: I've installed Kodi 17 Beta 1 for Windows and all files playback at the correct refresh rate. Is there anything else I can do to this Libreelec install without wiping and starting from scratch (don't really want to lose all my bookmarks and on my programmes).

Messages In This Thread
3D HOU/HSBS issue - by .bismarck - 2016-06-20, 20:03
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0) - by meherenow - 2016-09-02, 08:22
[Build #0903] breaks VAAPI - by MichaelAnders - 2016-09-04, 15:37
Update Failed - by n2vwz - 2016-09-27, 19:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 17.0)11