Build in Voice Search
I would love to see voice search build in for Nexus player remote and other android TV boxes
SPMC (wiki) has this, both globally for the voice button, as well as for speech-to-text input in any Kodi input field (which hijacks the "IP" button on the on-screen-keyboard).
SPMC is an abandoned fork.  It would be nice if the voice search code could get merged into Kodi.
It already has unless you mean something different to
I mean exactly what is described in post #2 (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2313107).
Kodi does not do that, at least in the current regular release for android.
Seems like you didn’t bother watching the video
I did.  Seems like you didn't bother reading the post.
The voice search in the video has Google search take control and get results from Kodi as well as other installed apps.

SPMC on the other hand uses the voice search to do voice-to-text for text boxes within the media player so you don't have to hunt and peck with a remote control and onscreen keyboard.
(2016-04-17, 05:12)mystic84 Wrote: I would love to see voice search
(2018-07-27, 00:35)Landstander Wrote: SPMC on the other hand uses the voice search to do voice-to-text for text boxes
Be mindful of how you explain yourself. They are two different questions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-07-27, 00:35)Landstander Wrote: SPMC on the other hand uses the voice search to do voice-to-text for text boxes within the media player so you don't have to hunt and peck with a remote control and onscreen keyboard.

So what is shown from the 2:30 mark in the video if not exactly that.
The method shown at 2:30 doesn't work.

SPMC allowed this for ANY text entry box.  You didn't even need to hit the voice search button because it repurposed the IP entry key on the on screen keyboard.
I found it particularly useful with manual subtitle searches.

Anyway, I don't know what the guy who created the YouTube video was using or if it's a mock up to demonstrate a proposed feature or what.
Hitting voice search inside Kodi, opens Google's voice search and then kicks me out of Kodi.

The feature still works fine in SPMC.
Is was working as that video is from our official YouTube channel done by a Team member using Leia Nightly build. It was done sometime ago so perhaps something has become broken then, perhaps by the Oreo update many AndroidTV boxes have received.
I just tried this tonight in my great hope it would work. I finally with the installation of Kodi 18 - Alpha and the Estausy Mod have my search working. My next great hope was being able to use my Sony remote's microphone input to do the text input rather than the painfully slow tv screen keyboard input. I turned on in the services the two remote options, even restarted Kodi. But the integration is not working. All I am getting is the Google search and unlike the above video, the "Enter Search String" is not lined out and taking the input from the remote. Instead below near the bottom of the screen Google comes up with its own search characteristics. Neither does the search bring up any result as in the beginning of the video outside of Kodi.

Like the poster above me, is this currently broken or just work on certain devices? Thank you in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build in Voice Search1