WARNING - atv4 free dev account side loading doesn't work with new devices
Smile 
My Apple ID on free dev works for "fix issues" with an existing box but just got my
Apple TV 4 swapped because it stopped working with Siri remote. I have two remotes just to rule Out one remote being the culprit

Replacement came with 9.0.1 so I wanted to side load PANGU ipa to jailbreak but couldn't even get to app signed portion cause after new project in Xcode and fix issues failed never even got to that point. Process is same for side loading kodi.

Fix issues doesn't work with new devices moving forward. Unless it's a server hiccup or something.

Bummer.

Let me know if you experience the same

When I try with a new account free dev account it says I have to have the device registered with the team. So that's what leads me to believe it's not my set up. Especially considering fix issues was seamless with my
Other box I've had since launch but on 9.1. At least it'll work as side load kodi box.
Something is most likely wrong on your end...

If apple did this they would prevent legitimate developers from using the free accounts to test apps

It could be caused by a couple things..
  • messed up certificates on your system
  • old version of Xcode
  • server and or developer account issues

If you make a blank project can you run that on the Apple TV?

It could also be that Apple is blocking devices that aren't running the current version of iOS which is very possible since the only way to jailbreak is by sideloading the jailbreak app...

Only the people that want to jailbreak would stay on an old version of tvOS since by default the hardware is configured for automatic updates...
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
I've asked in a few other threads, but how is 16.2 RC2 (or 16.1) for iOS?
I can manage to crash 15.2 quite regularly on my ipad, it seems ... not as stable as the desktop edition

Furthermore, I'm reading that 16.xx is more unstable than 15.2 under Windows?
That's a worry.
Thanks Dan.

I think they may be blocking the older version

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WARNING - atv4 free dev account side loading doesn't work with new devices0