Can't access network after update
I was running Kodi verision 16 fine and then updated after the prompt to 16.1 and no I can't play anything on my network drive. I upgraded via the update manager and have also tried to update via terminal.

If I got to files and try and browse my network (samba) I just get a prompt asking for my username and password but it doesn't seem to recognise them. They don't get accepted and I get an error 'Remote share - Couldn't connect to network server'.

I have checked that the computer can access the files and it can so I don't think it is a network problem.

Here is my debug log http://xbmclogs.com/pf78yk04c

I run Kodi 16.1 on Mint 17.2 64 bit. The computer is an Acer Aspire Revo R3700. GPU is an NVidia Ion.

Any ideas? I haven't changed anything!
Readd the share and use the IP, please and try.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I still get the error 'Couldn't retrieve directory information. This could be due to network not being connected. Would you like to add it anyway'.
I am able to browse to the correct network drive, but I get a username and password prompt and it won't recognise my credentials?
and 16.0 is fine? Are you really sure it is fine?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I seem to have the same issue. Kodi 16 was working fine for months, updated to 16.1 this morning and the network share cannot be accessed anymore from Kodi. Running on Kodibuntu.

http://xbmclogs.com/pkkdn2326
So then please downgrade to 16.0 and see if it magically starts to work, please.
I cannot figure out how to downgrade Kodi on Kodibuntu. Never had to downgrade before and a bit of a Linux noob.

There seems to be a way with apt-get where I need to specify the versionnumber, but I cannot find the versionnumber to put in there. I tried all kinds of suggestions to get such a list, but I am getting the impression that there is only 1 version visible to my system.

I also tried with Synaptic, but the "Force version" option is greyed out so I am a bit stuck now.
Yeah, I can only see 16.1 in the ppa?
With some google searching I think the version number for 16.0 is 2:16.0~git20160423.1635-final-0trusty but when I try installing that it can't find it. Any ideas?
I've just tried on another computer that also updated to 16.1 and trying to connect to the same shared drive (4TB Western Digital hard drive connected to my Asus DSL-N55U router) gives the same errors.
Ok, been doing a bit more investigating and it seems to be something to do with this particular shared drive.
I tried adding some videos from another NAS (not connected to the router) and it worked fine. It is something to do with the hard drives being connected to the router that is causing the problem. I've tried two drives connected to the router and neither work.
I also checked the latest night build and it doesn't work on that either.
Everything was fine with 16.0 so if someone can tell me how to downgrade I'd be very grateful!
i am having the same issue. both linux boxes will not connect to network after upgrade to 16.1
mac osx 10.8 sharing smb

looked on the wiki but no downgrade instructions?

could be a no kodi night to night :{
This is probably a samba issue...especially version 4.3.8...not a Kodi issue.

Bug report with possible fix.

Another possible fix.

Hope this helps.
thank you for the reply
i can connect to the mac smb shared folders and drives within both linux desktop.
however the same does not work in kodi itself.
one system runs galliumos 15.04 - xubuntu based.
the other is ubuntu 16.04

thanks for the help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access network after update0