Timezone issues and how to get older versions of pvr myth
Hi all, I have problems somewhere with kodi, mythpvr and timezones. I have a mixed network with a few frontends running mythfrontend on linux builds and a stable 0.26 backend and they all work fine. I have 15.2 version of kodi with 2.8.4 version of the pvr plugin running on openelec on a raspberry pi installed about 6 months back and that works fine.

I got a android/wintel tv box and installed 16.1 kodi on that via google play which pulled down 3.4.14 of the pvr addon, and it doesnt work for livetv under the mythpvr addon nor scheduling though it displays previous recordings fine.
In the underlying android OS on the wintel box when its set to CET, the time on the desktop clock and as displayed in kodi is correct, and I have gone to kodi's settings and set the locale under appearance to europe.

The problem is the guide data is at the wrong time by exactly the extra of the timezone offset from utc, so kodi aparently asks for a program two hours in the future and live tv fails every time. We are in UTC +2 (CET) and the guide data is a mixture of EIT provided data (from the UK astra satelite) and a hdhomerun providing CET guide data from French tv OTA channels.
As a temporary workaround I can set the timezone of the android kodi box to UTC and live tv works fine except all the clock and times on the guide on that device are 2 hours out supporting this theory.

I looked at the raw xml feed coming from port 6544 on the mythbackend and that is in UTC as per the myth services spec.

I also installed ubuntu 16.04 on a NUC, and put the version of kodi on that from ubuntu repo's which is 15.2 and that one has the same issue as the 16.1 android box but has the later pvr plugin, so its something I think in the newer versions of pvrmyth.

I see that 0.26 of myth is no longer a supported version so I can't really expect anyoen to spend time on a fix for this although if you want me to do more debug or assist in it I'm happy to do so, but where can I get hold of the 2.8.4 version of the pvr plugin for android?
I'm happy enough with the older version until I can sort out the last few machines which can't have mythtv-0.28 built for them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timezone issues and how to get older versions of pvr myth0