Adding "advancesettings.xml" to fire tv stick?
After having buffering issues and reading on this forum, I have created the .xml file that many have said to add to the fire tv stick in order to illeviate some of the buffer issues. I now am confused on how to actually add this file to the stick. Can someone shed some light on the easiest method to get it into the stick? And once it is on the stick what do I need to do with it?

Thanks
As a side note, I got the following advance settings from a post on here. They claimed that most of their clients had no buffering issues when they added the following settings even on a 6 Mbps DSL line which is right around where mine is. Can anyone confirm that this would be ok for me to add?

<advancedsettings>
<splash>false</splash>
<imageres>540</imageres>
<fanartres>720</fanartres>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
<recentlyaddeditems>20</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>85</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>120</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>10</ignorepercentatend>
</video>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
</advancedsettings>
You can use the file manager to do it inside kodi. You could also use es fule explorer app to do it too. It just copy and paste either way.

Sent from my SM-G935V
(2016-05-16, 03:46)Tight_wad Wrote: You can use the file manager to do it inside kodi. You could also use es fule explorer app to do it too. It just copy and paste either way.

Sent from my SM-G935V
What is the path to place it to?
The file needs to be placed in the userdata folder. path for kodi is Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
Path for spmc 16.3 is Android/data/com.semperpax.spmc16/files/.spmc/userdata/
(2016-05-16, 04:14)Tight_wad Wrote: The file needs to be placed in the userdata folder. path for kodi is Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
Great thanks
(2016-05-16, 04:14)Tight_wad Wrote: The file needs to be placed in the userdata folder. path for kodi is Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

I am using kodi however once I go into "files" there is no other files or folders. I am using ES file explorer on the fire stick
Scratch that. Had to enable "hidden files" in settings.
Hello, I was reading this post because I want to copy the advancedsettings.xml file to my kodi wish is installed on a fires stick, however I cant locate the folder Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/,  I'm using the file manager on kody to copy it, but only have one system folder named profile directory and inside of it the next ones:

library, peripherial_data, playlists, savestates and thumbnails

How I can have access to the path you said??

thansk.Hello, I was reading this post because I want to copy the advancedsettings.xml file to my kodi wish is installed on a fires stick, however I can’t locate the folder Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/,  I'm using the file manager on kody to copy it, but only have one system folder named profile directory and inside of it the next ones:

library, peripherial_data, playlists, savestates and thumbnails

How I can have access to the path you said??

thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding "advancesettings.xml" to fire tv stick?0