• 102(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
Leave Android for Android Apps and rare Kodi HDR use only that is what it is good at...

Demanding (non HDR) 1080p/4K Kodi use, inc. Auto Resolution switching - choose anything from here that is NOT Android, LibreELEC will be the best bang for the buck.

If you want DRM for up to 1080p/4K Netflix etc & LibreELEC & the option to install a nice unofficial Android TV ROM & use all this in a Dual boot setup - then the (non HDR) WeTek Hub is a very flexible little unit.

START HERE - Pick the Right Kodi Box (updated May 2017)

@Koying any news on a SPMC update?
Sorry if it has been asked before, but what about Xiaomi Mi Box 3C and 3S? Are they good to run Kodi?
Answer...

你能读中文吗

(2017-05-25, 17:20)wrxtasy Wrote: Answer...

你能读中文吗
I can't, but google translate can... or you mean that they have chinese text?
是的,只有中文

(2017-05-25, 18:36)wrxtasy Wrote: 是的,只有中文
Hm, the images I see are in english. So my question is, besides the chinese interface, are they good to run Kodi? Thank you!
I have a Mi-box 3S Chinese version(MDZ-19-AA) and use it with a 4K HDR TV(Toshiba REGZA Z700x).
KODI 7.1 runs well on it. The MI UI is in Chinese but KODI can still use English UI, you just need to know where to find the KODI icon and start it, then you are good to go.
The biggest down side of Chinese version Mi box is, although it's much cheaper then the Global Version, you need to watch a commercial video every time you tune on the box, it's about 10 to 30 seconds.
The other issue is, it's a customized android 6.0, you don't have google framework, you can't install any google service including Youtube.
You also can't root it because it use SE Linux kernel.
Also you can't control the color space.
My TV always reports the signal is in sRGB 24bit color, even when HDR tuned on.
I don't know how to get bt.2020 color.
Is the Global version has an option to tune on deep color? is deep color means bt.2020 color space?
if Global version can output better color, I may need to buy one to replace the Chinese version.
That is only the Tip of the Iceburg - you are forgetting for 3S / 3C:

- no HDCP 2.2 or DRM for 1080p/4K Netflix and other protected streaming services. Not Netflix Approved boxes.
- I suspect No Google IEC Audio support for 5.1 DTS and HD Audio Passthrough.
- No Android TV, so no Chromecasting or proper Voice searching. These are NOT Android TV OS devices.

As I said for 3S/3C Chinese Domestic use only. There are far far better options to run Kodi - like the S905(x) LibreELEC boxes.

(2017-05-26, 08:46)ngok Wrote: although it's much cheaper then the Global Version

As the saying goes, "buy cheap, buy twice".
I really hope someone can tell me if the Global version can output bt.2020 color.

Xiaomi advertise they support bt.2020,
but my Mi-box definitely not able to output bt.2020 signal.
I believe S905X can process bt.2020 color.
I am not sure it's an Android issue or a firmware issue.

I actually don't care about Youtube or Netflix because my TV itself can do it.
And about audio passthrough, AC3 DD 5.1 works just fine.
I transcode all other codec to AC3 because my TV only accept DD 5.1 or PCM.
(2017-05-10, 07:39)mylle Wrote: I usually watch alot of youtube on the Mi box using my Sennheisser bluetooth headphones. After the beta update, audio on Youtube now stutters and gets out of sync Sad

Any one else experiencing this?

Regards
Jacob

No one else having problems with BT audio?

Hopefully there will be a new update available soon......
I still have android 6 but I did have a significant stuttering problem recently with my mibox.came out of nowhere and nothing helped.clearing caches etc.all video was stuttering and the remote was lagging and sounds were delayed.restart did not help.
I then removed the power cord for a an hour and it solved the issue.why,I have no idea.
Have not had that problem since...
And I do have a BT speaker attached all the time...
I've had cutting in and out with a cheaper pair of bt headphones. Although I've had brief success unpairing and pairing again the problem came back. Chalked it up to the pair though as my other ones work fine.

Sent from my SM-G935W8
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21