Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2019-04-16, 20:27)chrisrey Wrote:
(2019-04-14, 07:10)farhanito Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 14:00)m.r.f. Wrote: Blame the APP developers? No.

Apple TV, Fire TV Stick 4k, TV apps works well and Netflix did not do a different implementation on these operating systems.
Simply Apple, Amazon have been able to adopt this functionality in their operating systems.

Is not news that Google only develops the android for mobile phones.

To be fair,
Netflix app @ Fire TV Stick 4k can NOT do that.

What's clear to me, Mibox 3 for 2 years, unable to have Dolby Digital + working smoothly with Netflix. Now with a low cost Amazon Fire TV stick gen2, I have Digital + and a perfect smooth image in 1080P. Mibox3 sucks.

What is really interesting is that the new ODROID N2 uses virtually the same v4.9 AMLogic modified Linux Kernel that the Mi Boxes now use.

That N2 - v4.9 Kernel also had DD+ audio issues WHICH WERE FIXED RECENTLY with THIS CoreELEC (click) Kernel commit.

I doubt Xiaomi are even bothering to bust bugs in the AMLogic supplied Kernel, and that is why this DD+ audio passthru bug has persisted for nearly 1 year now.

If anyone has contact with Xiaomi - they need to be made aware of these sort of bugs.

Messages In This Thread
NO Teamviewer - broken ! - by aubrey - 2017-06-07, 17:12
RE: Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box) - by wrxtasy - 2019-04-17, 03:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21