Req VR support
Is it possible to add a split screen mode, at least on android versions much like what this app does
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...r&hl=en_GB

This will enable us to watch 2D content on VR devices.
Is there no side by side support on android in kodi? That would work already imo...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
SBS AFAIK is supported on all platforms
SBS support exists if the source is 3D-SBS. I am talking about 2D videos.

I have used this guidance to make it work with external players, but these players lack the features offered by the kodi video player.
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android
You can also manually switch Kodi into SBS mode and then watch 2D movies in SBS. I don't really see a benefit watching a 2D movie in SBS output as Kodi doesn't give you a virtual cinema or alike.
(2016-05-25, 01:02)da-anda Wrote: You can also manually switch Kodi into SBS mode and then watch 2D movies in SBS. I don't really see a benefit watching a 2D movie in SBS output as Kodi doesn't give you a virtual cinema or alike.

That is not true AFAIK. Kodi detects 3D movie files and gives you three options to play it (SBS, Over/Under, 2D). This is only useful if the video file is in 3D format.
The same options would pop-up on a 2D file but does not do anything to the output since the source is 2D. I am requesting a 2D-VR mode so that 2D video can be played as side-by-side 2D output since A VR device would need two side-by-side windows, one for each eye.

Now coming to the few benefits of 2D-SBS
A cheap VR device like this one here can project a 150" screen in front of you with total privacy. That opens up a whole new world of exciting viewing opportunities, especially for adults. Trust me on that Wink
All the major VOD services are planning to do this via Android Daydream. Kodi would be a natural fit in this arena IMO with probably just a tweak in its videoplayer thus providing an easy platform to hundreds of video addons that have already been written for kodi.

This app and other similar ones on the google play store does nearly everything one would expect, except that it can only handle video formats/protocols supported natively by android hence playback is always hit and miss.

I am not sure if I have explained it well enough, but am always available to elaborate further.
Be sure to deactivate "Mediacodec(Surface)" before experimenting with this. We just have zero control on the render path with it.
IIRC, the question was already asked and it was working...
(2016-05-25, 11:14)Koying Wrote: Be sure to deactivate "Mediacodec(Surface)" before experimenting with this. We just have zero control on the render path with it.
IIRC, the question was already asked and it was working...

Thanks for that Koying. Found it here
Will play with aspect ratios today and report back.
Spent a couple of hours playing with it yesterday. I am grateful that it works, but is a dirty fix IMHO.
It ends up splitting the interface itself, ending up in two screens of 8:9 aspect ratio, thus rendering it very difficult to use on a phone screen.
I hope future builds of the videoplayer can incorporate features to just split the video screen, providing a selection of aspect ratios much like what the android app does.
I am sure there will be fair degree of demand for this feature in the days to come.
Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VR support0