[mockups] Project Paperclip [56kavoid]
So after years of idly critiscising everyone elses work I thought it was finally time I throw down and do a skin of my own. I'm hoping I've picked a look thats distinctive and that I can bring some usability features to the table.

to that end here are my very first mockups of how I want the skin to look.

so, any and all feedback, critiscism, rants, raves, I want it all Laugh

no ETA and please dont beg me for one, I have to do this very meticulously it's just my way.
your date is wrong it is not Aug 22nd

nice skin man Smile I see your taking advantage of the 'show current path' option Smile I had that in Vision but it just didn't fit so I took it out, but yours fits in with the skin very nicely
Nice I like
Don't get where the name paperclip comes from though
er, well, when i first started that background texture was meant to look like paper, and so I thought paperclip would be a cool name for the skin, but then the texture doesnt really look like paper so, fair point yeah it's just something random.

maybe papyrus or something would be a better names, I'm open to suggestions.
looks awesome dude! i like it a lot Big Grin
Looks like a nice interface.

A few suggestions...

Place the text under the image, not over it for a cleaner interface
Use the multi-image feature to enable background changes per selection
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
thanks affini I'll definitly experiment with moving the text, and I will certainly be using multi-images to provide multiple context sensitive images for the homescreen background, only I need to go out and take some photo's for this since what I'm using right now is actually windows vista wallpaper Rofl

your right thats definitly easier to read.
looks awsome good work man!!!!
No disrespect tword skinners... Ive seen several that look REALLY promising and are of interest, this included (I understand its a mach up) I just wish somebody would actually FINISH one instead of beta this or alpha that.
well this one's getting finished by christmas come hell or high water because it's my disertation for my degree.
Degree in what if I might ask?
its what u get for doing 3 years in college!!!!
information technology, although it's a little more involved than just creating a skin, i have usability requirements for colour blind and partially sighted users, you guys are just getting the pretty version but I'll have high contrast and large font size versions too.
speaking of pretty, here's the Music screen and my first idea's for the pop-in side-menu.

you'll see here I'm doing a couple of new things, like the home button on the sidebar, i'm hoping to make it possible to navigate the whole skin with only one button, or at least the majority of the features. (well okay and directions too).

also I'm making the now playing information clickable, I'm thinking the default behavior for now will just take you to the fullscreen visualisation, but I'd also like to make it take you to the now playing media's information screen except I dont think thats possible right now, I need like a PlayingMedia.HasInfo conditional visability first.

anyway as before any comments at all are all valuable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[mockups] Project Paperclip [56kavoid]0