[mockups] Project Paperclip [56kavoid]
nice!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
That wasnt meant to be insulting at all. I got my Assoc in electronic & Computer Engineering in 94. Was just a point of curiosity as a degree in psychology wouldnt be very helpful in skinning and as he brought it up I took it is it was an asset to his working on the skin.
yeah I'm just doing IT but my course has modules in user interface design, and according to those it actually is a bit like psychology heh.
Well, wonderful work so far... but the sliding option for the side menu... maybe if it was an option in settings to enable/disable. Not to crazy anbout the look when its closed (large "view" text on the side...)
I'm still thinking about exactly how it'll be represented when its closed but I'm definitly not making an option to have it open all the time, the whole point of hiding it is to free up masses (and it really is acres) of screen realestate for what really matters, which is the content your browsing right now.

that said your right the ^view^ (thats literaly all it is is upwards chevrons+text right now) definitly needs rethinking, and possibly shrinking, I'm open to suggestions as to how that could look better anyways.
Well, one thing to take into consideration is lang... unless your hardcoding it english. I mydrlf know less than nothing about skinning so I cant say if there is a setting that would allow the text vertical instead of horizontal. If there was however and you used a language variable then the text would change with the lang option so <(variable)< would be displayed horizontally, be pointing to the side like you have outlined and the arrows are of course pointing to the left only thing would be length of text which would depend on the lang selection..... ok Im done rambling now
You could put them along the top, but then it may look too much like Xephyr.

Alternatively something obvious to show that there's something that can pop out is certainly required, as well as a nicer look on the actual pop out (the black looks a bit off to me).

Obviously to be taken with a large grain of "He's a non-graphics guy" salt Wink

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I like the idea but the homescreen needs work I think. It looks kind of like a mish mash of icons that don't go that well together. I think they need something to give them a more unified style... maybe putting a simple color diffuse over them would help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[mockups] Project Paperclip [56kavoid]0