Albums not showing as expected after scraping
#1
Split and moved from metadata Scrapers forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=133547&page=24

(2016-05-20, 17:15)zag Wrote: 2 good musicbrainz mirrors if needed

http://musicbrainz.fin-alice.de:5000/
http://musicbrainz-mirror.eu:5000/


I've entered one of those in the addon.
Yesterday, i chose "Query info for all albums" - it quickly scanned through them all without updating anything.
But:
When i hit "Album information" on a single album and refresh - the info gets updated... sometimes.
On a few tested albums, i had to refresh multiple times until it finally updated the info.

Possible bug:
I have "Prefer online information" checked in settings, because:
- Some albums i own have the release date of the reissue in the year tag instead of the original release year.
- Some have additional text in the album tag "(Digipak)", "Remastered" etc...
As i said above, "Query info for all albums" does nothing to those.

When i hit refresh in Album info, i get a popup where i can edit the album and artist name.
So, for example, i change "Vision Thing (Remastered and Expanded)" [released in 2006]
from The Sisters of Mercy to just "Vision Thing" [released in 1990].
Now the search works and updates the info.
But i have to do this manually for all albums with additional text in the album tag after the album's title.

Here's where the possible bug comes in:
Library/Years/1990/Vision Thing - The Sisters of Mercy <--- is empty
It stays empty after rebooting, cleaning library etc.
Library/Artists/The Sisters of Mercy/Vision Thing - 1990 <--- tracks are shown as normal

Also:
It says "1990" when highlighting "Vision Thing - 1990" in album view,
but it says "2006" (release year of the remastered edition from album tag) in track list view.
Reply
#2
(2016-05-27, 09:39)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Yesterday, i chose "Query info for all albums" - it quickly scanned through them all without updating anything.
But:
When i hit "Album information" on a single album and refresh - the info gets updated... sometimes.
On a few tested albums, i had to refresh multiple times until it finally updated the info.

Yes in Jarvis "Query info for all albums" only scrapes those albums that have not been succesfullly scraped before, it checks that there is a the last scraped date.

In comparison refresh on information for a single album will use the album artist and album title, or the Musicbrainz album id if one was scanned from the music file tags, to scrape all the information again.

Even with the mirror server this process may not be succesful every time because of loading on the information servers.

Quote:Possible bug:
I have "Prefer online information" checked in settings, because:
- Some albums i own have the release date of the reissue in the year tag instead of the original release year.
- Some have additional text in the album tag "(Digipak)", "Remastered" etc...
As i said above, "Query info for all albums" does nothing to those.
No, you may have previously scraped them, or you have not used mbids in your files tags and the expanded album naming does not find a match in the Musicbrainz database so nothing can be scraped.

Quote:When i hit refresh in Album info, i get a popup where i can edit the album and artist name.
So, for example, i change "Vision Thing (Remastered and Expanded)" [released in 2006]
from The Sisters of Mercy to just "Vision Thing" [released in 1990].
Now the search works and updates the info.
But i have to do this manually for all albums with additional text in the album tag after the album's title.
I hope you now understand why that is.

Quote:Here's where the possible bug comes in:
Library/Years/1990/Vision Thing - The Sisters of Mercy <--- is empty
It stays empty after rebooting, cleaning library etc.
Library/Artists/The Sisters of Mercy/Vision Thing - 1990 <--- tracks are shown as normal

I don't understand what you are refering to here, is that folders? Scraping will not change the content of your folders, it adds data to the music library internal to Kodi

Quote:Also:
It says "1990" when highlighting "Vision Thing - 1990" in album view,
but it says "2006" (release year of the remastered edition from album tag) in track list view.

The album information will show the scraped year (because you have "Prefer online information" enabled).
But the song view will show the year from the music file tags.
Reply
#3
(2016-05-28, 18:45)DaveBlake Wrote:
Quote:Here's where the possible bug comes in:
Library/Years/1990/Vision Thing - The Sisters of Mercy <--- is empty
It stays empty after rebooting, cleaning library etc.
Library/Artists/The Sisters of Mercy/Vision Thing - 1990 <--- tracks are shown as normal

I don't understand what you are refering to here, is that folders? Scraping will not change the content of your folders, it adds data to the music library internal to Kodi

I refer to the music library subcategories (Artists/Albums/Year/Genres/Recently added albums/Songs/Singles/Top 100/Compilations).
When doing a manual refresh, like with the Vision Thing album mentioned above, the album is listed in the subcategory "Years", but empty.


Thx for the other info.
Reply
#4
Oh your question was about what appears under the standard nodes.....

By design the songs displayed when you drill down from album depend on the filtering applied above it. Normally you may not notice this because what is true for the album is true for all the songs from that album. However, you have scraped year for album and overwritten the value for the album derrived from the music file tags, so album year and year in the songs is now different. Hence in the example the album shows under 1990, but none of the songs from that album have that year and so they do not show.
Reply
#5
So "prefer online info" does not apply in that case. Oh well Smile
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ ATV Launcher Pro | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Reply
#6
Its is just that the scraped information applies to artists and albums but not to songs, well it is what the scarper calls itself! Also the standard nodes are designed to work from tag derrived song data upwards.

In comparison smart playlists and filter type custom nodes do not work from songs up. An albums playlist showing albums for a certain year whould show all the songs from the album below regardless of year. This may offer you a way to see what you want.

Hope it is Ok that I have moved our conversation over to the Music Support forum, seems more relevent there.
Reply
#7
In that case - the "years" node is useless for me now and i don't know how to fix it.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ ATV Launcher Pro | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Reply
#8
Well dare I suggest you use some tagging software to correct the year in the music files?

A much more laborious approach would be to create a custom node for every year.

Other than that you could go over to the music feature requests forum/thread and ask for
a) The standard nodes to have an option not to pass filtering down i.e.work more like smart playlists
and/or
b) that scraped album data like year or genre is also merged into the song table e.g. set it for album mean set it for all songs.
Reply



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Albums not showing as expected after scraping0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.