v17 "Adjust display refresh rate" not working
Hi!

I was using KodiSetup-20160401-0436322 until today and all was working well

Then today I change to the last nightly KodiSetup-20160603-0a4f29e and start to have this issue: when I play a movie, my g-sync screen does not change his refresh rate to match the video
It stays on 144Hz instead on syncing down to 24Hz

If I return on the Kodi version I use before, it works again...

I already check that my kodi settings were right

I try with fully new install of both kodi version

Here is my hardware setup:
Windows 10 Pro 64bits
Intel core i7 5930k
Nvidia GTX980Ti
32GB ram
Acer Predator Z35 (21:9 144Hz G-sync)

Here is my Debug Log:
http://pastebin.com/jecB3yVq

Thanks for your help
Moanbag is in da place!
Nobody?
Moanbag is in da place!
This feature was reimplemented in a different way and is not available on Windows yet.
(2016-06-06, 15:23)FernetMenta Wrote: This feature was reimplemented in a different way and is not available on Windows yet.

I was wrong. It is implemented for Windows.
Thanks for your answer!

Hope that this will be fix soon...

I am available if some testing are needed
Moanbag is in da place!
@FernetMenta seems render manager selects strange resolution for [email protected] movie
Code:
18:54:07 T:2932  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 3620x1527@ 144.00 - Full Screen (101) (weight: 0.001)
18:54:07 T:2932   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Current display mode is: [email protected]
18:54:07 T:2932   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Found matched mode: [email protected]
18:54:07 T:2932   DEBUG: CRenderSystemDX::SetFullScreenInternal - Switching mode to [email protected].
(2016-06-04, 19:24)Gracus Wrote: It stays on 144Hz instead on syncing down to 24Hz

Your screen doesn't support 24Hz if I'm correct, it does support 60Hz though. So even before with the older Kodi version it changed it too 60Hz, not 24Hz.
So when you start Kodi, its on 2560x1080 32Bit at 144Hz like it says in your log. Then when you start a movie it should switch to 23.98 cause that's the refresh rate of the movie (I guess you have the setting Adjust display refresh rate to match video enabled).
Question for the devs: since his screen doesn't support 23.98Hz or 24Hz, so what is Kodi suposed to do in this case? Switch to the refresh rate that is closest to that value?
(2016-06-08, 13:50)zawaponga Wrote: Question for the devs: since his screen doesn't support 23.98Hz or 24Hz, so what is Kodi suposed to do in this case? Switch to the refresh rate that is closest to that value?

Maybe that is the point: Kodi should do nothing

G-sync already do all the work: if fps go under 30fps (minimum fps for G-sync screen), the module automaticaly multiply the number of frames (by 2,3 or even 4 if needed for really low fps situation like 15fps)

(Sources: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Ca...ies-Differ )
Moanbag is in da place!
I think you are mixing something up here. G-sync is probably an awesome technology and I don't know too much about it, but what I know is that it's for gaming only.
So you have the right hardware like a Nvidia GPU, which supports G-sync and you have an awesome and probably not so cheap monitor that has the Gsync technology.
But for showing a movie why would you need G-sync?
I hope you also play some games on your rig, otherwise it would be total overkillxD.
Yes I play a lot on this rig

But G-sync works not only for games but also for video player (at least it works with DVD and Blu-Ray when using PowerDVD and it was working on previous Krypton nightly build with all my mkv files)
Moanbag is in da place!
Hi Gracus,

do you also have framedrops? It lloks like this is related to my issue here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=vsync

am
I made more tests with different fps video files...

If I play 30fps files, my screen is set to 144

If I play 25fps files there is 2 differents results: sometime it set my screen to 144 and sometime it set my screen to 100 with droped frames according to Kodi

If I'm on the menu, my screen goes down to 1
Moanbag is in da place!
Cant you switch off G-Sync for Kodi on the monitor I know this is defeatist as it seems like a sweet tech but just a thought
(2016-06-12, 13:29)Derek Wrote: Cant you switch off G-Sync for Kodi on the monitor I know this is defeatist as it seems like a sweet tech but just a thought

What will be the point to switch off G-Sync as the screen will just stay on 144 no matter what file I play?
Moanbag is in da place!
ah I see sorry I miss understood the tech

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Adjust display refresh rate" not working0