Kodi Music 1x
Hi
I think that you make a great work for Kodi 17.
I've updated my music library (30000 songs , 6000 artists) with Picard, it's work, need to understand in the first time, but then ... easy.
- 90 % found in Musicbrainz, the other I've created myself, import with Picard it's easy, create artists in MB, people help you to start. And when more people create some artists, cd, dvd or songs live is more easy for everybody.
Now I think my music library is verify with MB between 98 % or more. Some problems with artist (french) like "M" or "-M-", or "Tina Turner". But ok with Kodi 16.1.
For the moment i can't test Kodi 17, I use OSMC with Vero2.
That's the good, now the bad with Kodi.
- select artists, I 've never understand "genre", myself i don't understand the difference between "pop" or "poprock" etc. I use the search feature to select artists, but it'isn't funny. And spend time to create a playlist to listen one or some more artists ... For me Split artist search by "first letter or" was very important.

And another question, what's happen with Musical videos (clips).
For me I've two kinds of "clips"
- Concerts , from one or more artists for the concert
- music DVDs which I can split in songs. And there it's not clean in my head. I try
- Picard ( not easy to create DVDs)
- easytag
- mediaelch (to create nfo files)

With Kodi 16x it isn't clean, Update the information is a lot of work, also can you tell what is in the pipes(Kodixxxx) for musical videos.

And another time merci for this sub forum and for the Kodi work from everybody

Michael
For Genres, try the universal scraper. It can add extra 'Genres' and 'Styles' to your library which can then be sorted with smart playlists or nodes.

For concerts just use the universal movie scraper, and seperate it from your main movie library with a custom node

For music video clips there is a special TheAudioDB scraper that has a fix in the forum thread to make it work. You can also use Mediaelch to create the local nfo's I believe,
So another vote for a default set of alphabetic nodes A-Z for artists, noted.
Meanwhile Michael you may want to try the custom node approach given in the other thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2352970

Genres - in my opinion genre tag is an easy way for users to choose how their music is split into catagories. It depends on your tastes how you do this - if you have 1 heavy metal album you would probably tag the songs as "Rock" along with the rest of your rock music, but if you have 1000 then you would break it down more into say "alt metal", "funk metal", "prog metal". But you can use other lables than actual genres e.g. "female vocal" or "instrumental" etc. Regardless of how other people may classify music I tag with genre to suit me.

But Zag is wrong with regards genre. Yes you can scrape artist genre from some sources, but Kodi does not use those values in the genres node or in any playlist rules. Artist genre is purely a display value. All the rules and nodes implicitly use song genre as derrived from the music file genre tag. Long discussion of that here http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=278315 If genre is not your thing, then don't bother getting into that!

Music videos need a dev to champion them, and unfortunately that isn't me. Some guys do get things working to a point, and hopefully they will step in here and explain more
Code:
Music videos need a dev to champion them, and unfortunately that isn't me. Some guys do get things working to a point, and hopefully they will step in here and explain more
I understand this, but on of the best points from the music "sub-project", was the user information. Somebody which will, can know, and can prepare his collection.

Code:
So another vote for a default set of alphabetic nodes A-Z for artists, noted.
Meanwhile Michael you may want to try the custom node approach given in the other thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2352970
It's a good thing that the custom node approach exist, but for me it's more a workaround. Needed is a DB solution§
With the special characters in much languages, a xml solution is a "great challenge".
Example french singer "Étienne Daho". The é (in Majuscule) are not to my keyboard, you need a virtual, and I never use it.But MusicBrainz do it.

For the scraper, it' isn't really for me the problem . When I found something it's ok but every week I record in the night 5 or more concerts from the TV. Not found with the scraper the most of time , also what I do ?
- locally update the tags, or (what I do) use Mediaelch for nfo files.
- update upstream the database to share the information.Which database is the future, what information is needed.

My DVD ripped with Handbrake I try to update or create with MusicBrainz. With the Picard Plugin it's easy,
And then when I go in MediaElch it's a bit more complicated, but that's another question.
Also, thank you for your work guys, and hopeful a good communication for end-user for the MusicVideo integration.

Ciao
Michael

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Music 1x0