v16 Behavior about multiple artists
So, there´s a behavior that I think very odd in music library:

I have a song, Shake YourTailfeather, From The Blues Brothers Soundtrack.
This song has two artists, The Blues Brother and Ray Charles.

The mp3 has all tags from Music Brainz, and show up perfect on music Library.

When I enter in Blues Brother Artist, I see the allbum soundtrack perfect
When I enter in Ray Charles Artist, I see the album soundtrack perfect

But, when I enter in Album Soundratck from Ray Charles, I see the Arts and Logos from Blues Brothers. I know it´s because Blues Brothers are in first artist, and Ray Charles is the second artist.

But, there´s a way to change this behavior? If I change the order of artists (ray charles first), show up Ray Charles images, but only if I change the order. There´s a way to kodi show up the arts e images from the artist node?
I think the answer is no, but happy for someone to correct me.

You should be seeing Ray Charles artwork when looking at his entry in the artists node, right? But when you get down to the track you will see any embedded art for the album, and the first artist.

Skin changes may be able to get the other artist images, or there could be a trick with fanart. If no one comes in here then maybe reask in the skins forum.
(2016-06-09, 08:37)DaveBlake Wrote: Skin changes may be able to get the other artist images, or there could be a trick with fanart. If no one comes in here then maybe reask in the skins forum.

I don't think such a capability exists. You could maybe get the author of skin.helper.service to return more than just the first artist thumb but then you would have to cache the images locally and the skin would set a multiimage to the cache path. At least that's how I would do it. Same for the artist fanart but I expect that would need more coding as many skins already have a multiimage setup for extrafanart so you would have to deal with that.

scott s.
Thanks Scott, I have not looked into the artwork parts of the code so I really don't know what I am talking about Wink

But I think there is a similar issue with embedding more than a front cover into the music files. The tag loader attempts to extract them, although there is a bug in that too, but nothing is done with them to make them viewable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Behavior about multiple artists0