RAW MAINTENANCE
When I try to delete packages in Raw Maintenance, I get the following:

ERROR: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process, C:\\Users\...\\Database\\Textures13.db'

How do I prevent this error from happening?
You can delete the Textures13.db file. Kodi will create a new one next time it is started.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Most of those "maintenance tools" are more trouble than they are worth, and none are supported or approved for use by the team. In fact they almost all come from banned add-on (wiki) repo's, which should tell you all you need to know about them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-06-13, 21:50)MetalChris Wrote: You can delete the Textures13.db file. Kodi will create a new one next time it is started.

Thank you for the tip!
(2016-06-14, 08:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Most of those "maintenance tools" are more trouble than they are worth, and none are supported or approved for use by the team. In fact they almost all come from banned add-on (wiki) repo's, which should tell you all you need to know about them.

Is there a 'maintenance tool' that is supported by the team? I was trying to reduce buffering
Maybe a read of this http://kodi.wiki/view/AdvancedSettings.xml will help. There is some configuration you can do in that to help reduce buffering although if it's streaming add-ons you're using, you are really at the mercy of how fast (and how many) the other end is supplying the stream. Also note, the internet is only ever as fast as the slowest link in the chain, which depending upon routing, may not be you or your ISP.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
This maintenance addon will not solve any buffering issue.
It very crudely removes cached data (like thumbnails, packages).
(2016-06-14, 18:35)seanmack Wrote:
(2016-06-14, 08:02)DarrenHill Wrote: Most of those "maintenance tools" are more trouble than they are worth, and none are supported or approved for use by the team. In fact they almost all come from banned add-on (wiki) repo's, which should tell you all you need to know about them.

Is there a 'maintenance tool' that is supported by the team? I was trying to reduce buffering

Not that I know of, aside from the advanced settings tweaks mentioned above.

Put simply this kind of thing in the wrong or inexperienced hands could screw a system up fairly completely, so isn't for the less than advanced player, and such an advanced user wouldn't need it wrapped up in a GUI.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Imho there is no need for a tool to tweak advancedsettings.xml.
Just check out the link black_eagle posted, has some good info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RAW MAINTENANCE0