More compilation discs
I am still making discs for my 'various artists' folder now that I have finished all the now that's what I call music albums. (Until the next one comes out in July)
Here is the link to what I have done so far
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/it8ixb1fa4l5s...oNATa?dl=0

And here are a few examples.

http://imgur.com/p7bJ3ie

http://imgur.com/MSfijam

http://imgur.com/3SDARK8

http://imgur.com/w86n3KJ

I am adding to the dropbox link each day (hopefully) - if anyone can make use of them then enjoy. Smile
When my collection is all finished I shall upload to the relevant sites for automatic download (fanart.tv etc.etc.)
Until that time you can find all the images via the dropbox link at the top of the post.
When I have finished (I will post when iv'e done my compilations) - I shall accept one or two requests - as long as the images are of a GREAT quality or of a quality that I can work with Smile - (That is a good clean scan)

Once again I hope these help some users Smile

And if you do spot any mistakes, don't be shy - let me know and I will amend them accordingly Smile
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
hmm 88 views - no one interested ?
I'm sitll going but have not added any to my dropbox for a while now seeing as no one seems to be interested - a bit of feedback might encourage me to do more (maybe even requests in the future) Smile
I'm interested,

I'll scan some discs in today and send you a link to them so you can tell me if they are acceptable or if not what I should be doing to make them so.

Then I can just start scanning in all my discs anyway until I figure out a really easy way to remove the outer / make it transparent. Tried those GIMP tutorials again and just got confused!

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Mike - i'm going to finish my collection first (I have about 30 more compilations to go) so probably another 100 discs - as soon as I finish I will get on to yours (shouldn't take too long, maybe a couple of weeks) - In the meantime I shall update my dropbox tonight. Smile
Hi Lee,

Thanks, but I'm sure you have lots to do so no rush, if you can help me then that's great.

Here are 2 discs I scanned @ 2400dpi, any good?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49k2vajfdqaujcp/cd1.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktwcydry446u5ec/cd2.jpg?dl=0

Mike.
Yep all good - looks like you found a nice easy compilation for me LOL (isn't there 3 discs to this one though)
so what you want - just cleaned resized and colored correctly - OR try to clone out text and re-do (a long long process)
To be honest just the simpliest to make a cd art fit for kodi. I would myself just remove the white surround but if things can be done quickly then great. I know they probably won't be fit for fanart.tv though?

Thats why i asked if a simple process to just cut out the cd image and save that? The gimp tutorials have layers and this and that and i guess i failed in following it from step to step

Yes, did 3rd disc but didn't seem to scan well. Will do again and then start doing everything else.

Does each scan have to be separate or can i scan multiple discs at the same time and save as one image?
Ok I can resize the scans and work a little on them for a quick one . Send me the third and i'll have a look at it
You can do multiple scans but it is preferable to do one disc at a time (as long as the scan of the actual disc is of a reasonable size 1500 pixels plus would be good)
The scans you sent me were great (although the source is a bitch to scan I know - damn reflective surfaces ) - they are large enough to filter them before I resize Smile
That's fantastic Lee,

I'll re-scan the 3rd and send it, will look great as Madnox already shows upto 3 discs in Showcase2 mode for music, you just need to place cdart, cdart2 & cdart3 in the album folder and job done.

3rd one can be found here

A dropbox folder that'll I'll update with scans as done.
Great, no problem
Hoping that madnox will extend to 6 discs to get the benefits of my larger compilation discs (the '101'series and '100' greatest series would look great if 3 rolled in right and three on the left), maybe have to beg when they are less busy (whenever that will be lol ).
Next hoping for someone to implement the use of season discs, although will need a lot of pushing and discs.
Consider it done, will do 6 cd for showcase2 somtime this week Lee, small way of thanking you for your help and time. I'll plan to code for cdart, cdart2, cdart3, cdart4, cdart5 & cdart6 and display as you suggested, 1-3 on right and 4-6 on left. Will see if I can control it better and do 1-3 on left and 4-6 on right but will come up with something for V1 of it at least.

I'd like to put seasons disc in Madnox, in fact in the Episode view we already have a sort of solution which will display up to 9 discs. Just place season01-disc1 - 9.png in the shows main folder and they should show up. But this only works for what ever season discs you place @ main level, not disc @ season level, well not yet. It's something i haven't tried to do yet and if you have some discs to test with then let me know and I'll see what I can do on that as well.

But yes, season discs requires a lot of pushing to places like fanart.tv and then things like Artwork downloader changing to download them and then better controls in Kodi to now which actual seasons a user has to display to the correct discs accordingly.
I'll see if I have a couple of tv season discs lying around later, must pick up grandson from school now
@ Mike_Doc have sent PM with tv discs and your request
Have finished my music collection (for now) but will update if anything new comes along Smile
Hi Lee,

Apologies for not getting back to you, I made the stupid mistake of starting to upgrade Madnox for Kpryton and I've had a "few" problems to deal with and then some.

I'll look into the TV and additional 4-6 music discs today as a break from losing it with Kpryton!
Hi Lee,

first versions of adding in TV discs and disc 4-6 showcase2, what do you think?

watch gallery

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More compilation discs0