Flicker during playback
Just got the latest SVN compiled and things are coming along nicely!

I have a few issues that are preventing me from using XBMC-Linux right now, I'm wondering if everyone is having them or if it's just me...

1. When I play any movie file there is a lot of flickering in the playback. It seems to somehow be related to the OSD... Is there a setting I am missing or is this just a bug in the current SVN that is being worked on?

2. SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_HEAD="1" is being ignored. In order to launch XBMC on my secondary display I have to move the mouse over and launch it using ALT-F2 or in a terminal window from the actual physical screen... otherwise it just shows up on screen 0.

Any input/help would be appreciated! Thanks folks.
XBMC for Linux Discussions General purpose forum for topics related to XBMC Linux port, (sorry but we do not yet accept bug-reports, support-request or suggestions for new features). Later on we might split this forum into separate subforums

FFS
spiff is in a good mood today! :-)
Second page of the Linux port project here:
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...rt_project

About the second paragraph at the top...
"Note to XBMC end-users! Please understand that this Linux port project is not yet mature enough for you as an end-user to play with. We can not yet give you an ETA as to when it will be useful for end-users. Respect that we can not accept any bug-reports or feature/function-requests for this Linux port yet, nor do we offer support to end-users. If you as end-users have any general questions or need to get something off your chest about this then please direct that towards the existing XBMC Linux port end-user discussion topic-thread in our community-forum."

More specifically...

"Respect that we can not accept any bug-reports or feature/function-requests for this Linux port yet, nor do we offer support to end-users."
I am also experiencing this issue, and have had this since the project started,
but I don't complain about it,
I'm thinking more of looking into the code, and tracking the issue down myself,
coz that's what XMBC-Linux needs right now.
Have you tried Sync with VBlank (or whatever it is called)? Is what you're seeing actually flickering or tearing?
herg,
it's like it keeps reloading parts of the screen,
big triangular forms that keep apearing,
and it seems it's only when it's being passed to the graphics card,
because a printscreen wont capture the defect...

I'll try grabbing some more later today,
I'll post them back...

And I'll try you're suggestion!

Thx Wink
This exact same thing happened to me before I installed the nvidia acceleration drivers.
Try compiling with --no-opengl I think and it should work.
Or get the 3d acceleration working linux and this may also fix the problem.
Try running
$ glxgears
as well (without the dollar sign), see what happens...
I wasn't submitting a bug report, or telling anyone "OMFG FIX TEH PROBLEMZ."

I understand it's alpha, beta or whatever code -- I was simply wondering if anyone here could help me fix my flicker problem... perhaps I was simply doing something wrong that had nothing to do with the fact that XBMC is alpha... I just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience.
untg99 Wrote:This exact same thing happened to me before I installed the nvidia acceleration drivers.
Try compiling with --no-opengl I think and it should work.
Or get the 3d acceleration working linux and this may also fix the problem.

Nah, it's not the triangle probllem that I'm having. I am running the nvidia drivers, and glxgears works fine. It's got something to do with the debug display, but it looks like it's fixed in the most recent build. Compiling now, forgot to turn off debug in the last build.. doh. I really have to store my build options.
Sad 
Hello

I have the same problem.

The OSD flickers in front of the video if XBMC is compile without debug mode.
That makes unusable the application for the moment.

If the debug mode is compile, the video is OK, but the OSD flickers and comes to parasitize display. Shocked

For the moment, I believe that it in only one thing to be made there, these to wait. Confused
olituks,

run envy and re-install the drivers Wink

then, do:

# ./build.sh CONFIGOPT=--disable-debug
Just wondering, it took about 10 years to configure my card properly under X. I know the nvidia drivers are working -- but I have the flicker problem. What will reinstalling my drivers accomplish?
I had no clue what it would do,
but since I was more than sure I didn't do my driver install all that well (tried manually but then decided to use the restricted drivers management thing),
I decided to give Envy a shot at installing the drivers, and what do you know?
With the latest build and the drivers installed via Envy, all works perfect!

babazoid, I'd say, give it a shot, it worked for me while I was having the same issues,
and seeing how this isn't even XBMC related, I think that 'noob' division for XBMC for Linux would be a good thing...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flicker during playback0